Sub contracting

So on that wage if you worked 46 weeks of the year you’d be on 27000 with no pension, no holiday entitlement, no security, no sick pay. So really it equates to around £10 an hour over the year. So yes in the grand scheme of things you’d Only be very slightly worse off if you worked at McDonald’s. If you also take into consideration that McDonalds wouldn’t require you to have a van and tools then really.....McDonald’s is the better option overall.
And you dont need to take snap

All right for kids or oaps looking to fill time. Sad state of affairs, as much as I hated plastering in my 30's, I'm lucky really. Getting an apprenticeship in the early 80's was pretty tough straight out of school with no connections to the building trade.

200.gif

Aldi and Lidl are just over £10 , include holiday and sick it's no wonder people don't want to get dirty and have no job security
So on that wage if you worked 46 weeks of the year you’d be on 27000 with no pension, no holiday entitlement, no security, no sick pay. So really it equates to around £10 an hour over the year. So yes in the grand scheme of things you’d Only be very slightly worse off if you worked at McDonald’s. If you also take into consideration that McDonalds wouldn’t require you to have a van and tools then really.....McDonald’s is the better option overall.
£10 an hour doesn't get you anywhere near 27k, and alot are on zero hour contracts. Plus minimum wage is £8 something so doubt many are on £10.
£8 an hour 40 hour week, 52 weeks a year = £16500

£10 an hour doesn't get you anywhere near 27k, and alot are on zero hour contracts. Plus minimum wage is £8 something so doubt many are on £10

ok so you have 27000 flat out. What’s the pension worth? Perhaps £800-1000 a year with McDonald’s. So that brings our 27k down to 26k if you’re going to give yourself a pension.
what’s the sick pay worth? If you’re off sick for a week or two over the year that’s bringing you down to £25k
McDonald’s will do your accounting ie tax NI ect. What’s that worth? £400? There’s £24,600.
mid you worked at McDonald’s I’d assume you’d work at one close to home if not walking distance. That means less travel time and less fuel costs.
you’d also have a lot more trouble getting a mortgage and would probably pay higher rates if you did get one.
now if you take these points into consideration although the wage is slightly higher....is it really that much of a drastic higher wage to put up with all that sh!t that comes with sub contracting and plastering?

£10 an hour doesn't get you anywhere near 27k, and alot are on zero hour contracts. Plus minimum wage is £8 something so doubt many are on £10.
£8 an hour 40 hour week, 52 weeks a year = £16500

minumum wage is goingup to £8.72. Now do your calculation.

ok so you have 27000 flat out. What’s the pension worth? Perhaps £800-1000 a year with McDonald’s. So that brings our 27k down to 26k if you’re going to give yourself a pension.
what’s the sick pay worth? If you’re off sick for a week or two over the year that’s bringing you down to £25k
McDonald’s will do your accounting ie tax NI ect. What’s that worth? £400? There’s £24,600.
mid you worked at McDonald’s I’d assume you’d work at one close to home if not walking distance. That means less travel time and less fuel costs.
you’d also have a lot more trouble getting a mortgage and would probably pay higher rates if you did get one.
now if you take these points into consideration although the wage is slightly higher....is it really that much of a drastic higher wage to put up with all that sh!t that comes with sub contracting and plastering?
8k more? That's quite alot more yes.a 50% increase on a McDonald's employee lol

minumum wage is goingup to £8.72. Now do your calculation.
For over 25's yes.... and it's going up... It's not that already so the plastering wage may go up so I'll stick to original calculation

For over 25's yes.... and it's going up... It's not that already so the plastering wage may go up so I'll stick to original calculation

you reckon the formeans going to walk on site on 1st of April and say right lads ur wages are going up today. As if.

yeh you didn’t do the calculation right because you’re going off the notion that you’ll be busy every day plastering with no down time and minus all those befits of full time employment.
You’ll understand when you’re 65 realise you’ve got no pension lol.

Who the f**k is making £27k?

You're doing something REALLY wrong if that's all you're trousering.

If you can't make a grand a week with a plastering trowel, you should really think about doing something else.

Only thing for me is that not enough people know who I am yet so I have more down time than I'd like but I'm getting busier.

£300 a day for two men on a renovation - pocket £220 of that and make a bit on materials.

Bada bing.

you reckon the formeans going to walk on site on 1st of April and say right lads ur wages are going up today. As if.

yeh you didn’t do the calculation right because you’re going off the notion that you’ll be busy every day plastering with no down time and minus all those befits of full time employment.
You’ll understand when you’re 65 realise you’ve got no pension lol.
I'm not going off a notion. I went off what you said of working 46 weeks of the year. It's a s**t wage, noones denying that but you're certainly still better off than at mcdonalds. And they'll pay into a pension out of their wages... So you can't double count it

I'm not going off a notion. I went off what you said of working 46 weeks of the year. It's a s**t wage, noones denying that but you're certainly still better off than at mcdonalds. And they'll pay into a pension out of their wages... So you can't double count it

the pension will be totted up by your employer. That doesn’t happen when you’re self employed.
the McDonald’s worker has a regular wage to show the bank manager...what do you have to show? F all! so in the grand scheme of things there really isn’t much in it.

paternity pay. Forgot about that one!
surely you can see what I’m getting at.

the pension will be totted up by your employer. That doesn’t happen when you’re self employed.
the McDonald’s worker has a regular wage to show the bank manager...what do you have to show? F all! so in the grand scheme of things there really isn’t much in it.
In the grand scheme of things there's at least £500 a month in it. About 35% extra, so it's better lol

Who the f**k is making £27k?

You're doing something REALLY wrong if that's all you're trousering.

If you can't make a grand a week with a plastering trowel, you should really think about doing something else.

Only thing for me is that not enough people know who I am yet so I have more down time than I'd like but I'm getting busier.

£300 a day for two men on a renovation - pocket £220 of that and make a bit on materials.

Bada bing.
If you piss a grand a week y do u live in a crack den jar head

Think I’d quite like a job in b&q in another 10 years could be that pervy bloke chasing all the single mothers around the isles! Giving um business cards saying if you’ve got any cracks need filling I’m your man (y) minimum wage be £10 soon f**k**g easy job perving around all day putting bent snide trowels on shelves ect!

Yeh minimum wage £10. And you’ll do nothing and have no stress. All employee benefits. Or be a plasterer self employed getting sht up everyday with no security and a lot of stress.
I think some blokes just like to dress up as a workman and make out they are a big business owner Cus they have their name on a van.