Stucco help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdj

Hi guys , I Just wanted to ask a couple of questions . I usually use waterproofer in my sand and cement mix for the scratch coat and the same again with lime for the finish coat . I was talking to a couple of lads last week and they only ever use feb externally and no lime . Is that ok to do ?? I would prefer to do that myself as I find it easier to screed the topcoat in a feb mix rather than a mix with waterproofer in it , also i find it floats up neater and a lot easier when using feb . Would the plaster not be waterproof then or is it ok ?? Just wanted to double check with everyone , any help I get would be great thanks

i like to have lime in the top coat as i think that is a better finish.
waterproofer is a personal choice, if i want to kill the suction i will use it , if i do not want to kill the suction then i would not. i do not try to waterproof a building it is just for my benefit.

Ok guys thanks ! So il just stick to personnel preference ,just checking it was ok to use feb externally without waterproofer in mix that's all. Do you have to wet the wall down before you start laying on over a waterproof scratch coat ?? The water just seems to sit there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.