strata spray machine

Don't know anything about Strata but could it be in reverse?

Did you wet prime the pipe first with soapy water?

Is your pipe part blocked?

Did you send a cleaning ball up your pipe?

That will confirm it is clean! Good thinking!

If it is blocked you can usually feel it. Wack it with a lump hammer at the hard lump or lay it on the road and get a heavy vehicle to drive over it.

Works on fresh set gear but might not work on hard cured flooring cement. Depends how much their is.

Last edited:
I know, we've probably helped more folk with there machines than strata.
set a group up lads I will see what size the Tranny is but will order a new report and s is any ofurther u lads localish to lincoln i could come a give u a free day graft to see u working ur machine to make sure I'm doing everything right

set a group up lads I will see what size the Tranny is but will order a new report and s is any ofurther u lads localish to lincoln i could come a give u a free day graft to see u working ur machine to make sure I'm doing everything right
Scotland and Ireland lol

My Eze 24 wouldn't work right with an apparent 5kva tranny. It needed a 5kva continuous tranny. About £280.

is that the bigger Tranny with the bigger socket that's what I got

I may have the 32 amp outlet but look at the rating. There is 5kva max and will probably say 3.2 kva cont then there is the 5 kva max, heavy at 49kg.

Attachments

• 1488861272693557764686.jpg
    1488861272693557764686.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 320
My Eze 24 wouldn't work right with an apparent 5kva continuous tranny. It needed a 5kva conti. About £280.

Over 200 EZE 24 machines work very well with a 5KVA continuous tranny. The ones we sell are continuous and cost £158.99

We always say it's a continuous one that's required

hi guys I bought a strata 2nd hand just having a fxxking nightmare with it. I set everything up to dry mix hardwall parge it through the Swan neck to get the right mix (bit wetter than hand troweld) conect all my spray pipes up. coming through the pipe a bit but not alot went to the machine and water in the troff with the dry mix so to me something isn't right. if I conect the water direct to the pipe it's pushing water through fine so pipes not blocked. phoned strata (still waiting on a reply)
can anyone advise or had the same problem. I've even pre mixed and put wet mix in still same problem

Hi Wes,

We don't sell the Strata machine but have had to help a few out in the past. Our knowedlge is limited but I'm sure we would be able to establish what the issue is.

Your more than welcome to pop over to Cheltenham to our depot and we can run through it with you

Hi Wes,

We don't sell the Strata machine but have had to help a few out in the past. Our knowedlge is limited but I'm sure we would be able to establish what the issue is.

Your more than welcome to pop over to Cheltenham to our depot and we can run through it with you

If you go there Wes you'll end up walking away with an m200 [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Wez,

Does the machine have actual 110v plug sockets or is there a blue type transformer inside. I know some of these so called "110v" machines are 240v which work in 110v via a step up transformer. If this is the case bin the step up transformer and confirm the machine works in 230v. Also did you turn your water of when you dumped pre mixed gear in ? If the water was still coming in the mix would keep getting wetter and clogging the flow of gear in the hopper.
It really sounds like you need a days training rather than trial and error.

Hey Wez,

Does the machine have actual 110v plug sockets or is there a blue type transformer inside. I know some of these so called "110v" machines are 240v which work in 110v via a step up transformer. If this is the case bin the step up transformer and confirm the machine works in 230v. Also did you turn your water of when you dumped pre mixed gear in ? If the water was still coming in the mix would keep getting wetter and clogging the flow of gear in the hopper.
It really sounds like you need a days training rather than trial and error.
yes mate your right but carnt find training anywhere. do u know of any

In short i would bin that transformer and run 240v. The step up transformer is not up to the job and 110v brings a whole new set of issues you could choose to avoid.

We could arrange a training day if you're up for a run to Swansea or you're closest dealer will do the same in Rotheringham, essex scotland ireland wherever.We charge £250 plus vat for training.

The machine itself should run fine in 230v mode and will like be the same set up procedure as the Ritmo.

Although there is an initial cost for training that price includes a back up service on the phone which will be extremely beneficial to you as you will have point to point contact with the guy who trained you and is familiar with the machine. This can mean less downtime not earning a brass farthing

In short i would bin that transformer and run 240v. The step up transformer is not up to the job and 110v brings a whole new set of issues you could choose to avoid.

We could arrange a training day if you're up for a run to Swansea or you're closest dealer will do the same in Rotheringham, essex scotland ireland wherever.We charge £250 plus vat for training.

The machine itself should run fine in 230v mode and will like be the same set up procedure as the Ritmo.

Although there is an initial cost for training that price includes a back up service on the phone which will be extremely beneficial to you as you will have point to point contact with the guy who trained you and is familiar with the machine. This can mean less downtime not earning a brass farthing
How do you run it in 240v when it's got a 110 plug on it?

do u do trying on this machine or would I bring mine up with me

Ive never seen one in the flesh, but i'd work it out quickly. it woulde have to be your own equipment.

The step up transformer will be connected to the actual 230v plug. it may require a socket or something attached. I could work it out if i saw a photo of the equipment. The main problem this machine failed was due to this step up transformer unable to give machine power it needed. 110 for show ...230 for a PRO

Ive never seen one in the flesh, but i'd work it out quickly. it woulde have to be your own equipment.

The step up transformer will be connected to the actual 230v plug. it may require a socket or something attached. I could work it out if i saw a photo of the equipment. The main problem this machine failed was due to this step up transformer unable to give machine power it needed. 110 for show ...230 for a PRO
I'll get a pic to you when I'm back at yard and you can talk me through it mate. It's the biggest drawback of this machine is that I need to use a 6 kva genny to power it.

Without seeing the machine, the way it's being setup or many other factors being known I'm shocked to see one of the bits of advise given!

Whether it's 110v or 240v with a step up transformer or a Bentley motor on it is irrelevant!

First port of call should be Strata as it is their machine and for their own reputation they should want to sort it out.
From what I have heard, you maybe waiting a while for the call.

As mentioned to you on the inbox messages, you're more than welcome to visit us in Cheltenham and we can help you where required and also offer training or advise on what steps to take.

It maybe a simple issue such as a worn R/S or an incorrect setup procedure causing the issue. None of which will be able to be established correctly without seeing the machine and the way it was being set up.

Binning certain parts of the machine or someone 'changing' the fundamental basics of the machine could be a costly excersie for you and potentially for no reason - and it may not even sort it out!

Without seeing the machine, the way it's being setup or many other factors being known I'm shocked to see one of the bits of advise given!

Whether it's 110v or 240v with a step up transformer or a Bentley motor on it is irrelevant!

First port of call should be Strata as it is their machine and for their own reputation they should want to sort it out.
From what I have heard, you maybe waiting a while for the call.

As mentioned to you on the inbox messages, you're more than welcome to visit us in Cheltenham and we can help you where required and also offer training or advise on what steps to take.

It maybe a simple issue such as a worn R/S or an incorrect setup procedure causing the issue. None of which will be able to be established correctly without seeing the machine and the way it was being set up.

Binning certain parts of the machine or someone 'changing' the fundamental basics of the machine could be a costly excersie for you and potentially for no reason - and it may not even sort it out!

Shurrup you Knob

I'll get a pic to you when I'm back at yard and you can talk me through it mate. It's the biggest drawback of this machine is that I need to use a 6 kva genny to power it.

From what i gather they have put the step up transformer onto a 240 v machine and assumed it will run with no problems. Like i said i havent seen the machine but im assuming this is a 3.5 kva step up transformer and that won't work. If they had a 5 kva transformer in there it would be massive. The reason ur 6 kva generator isnt working well is because the machine is only receiving 3.5 kva max. This machine at one point was sold by putzmeiser i think and it worked fine in 230v mode.

From what i gather they have put the step up transformer onto a 240 v machine and assumed it will run with no problems. Like i said i havent seen the machine but im assuming this is a 3.5 kva step up transformer and that won't work. If they had a 5 kva transformer in there it would be massive. The reason ur 6 kva generator isnt working well is because the machine is only receiving 3.5 kva max. This machine at one point was sold by putzmeiser i think and it worked fine in 230v mode.

There is definitely a step up transformer on em I spoke to the guy who was selling em a couple of years back Sam I think his name is, when I questioned him about how it worked he couldn't really explain it properly so thought fcuk this and left well alone, I got an orange machine not long after

do u do trying on this machine or would I bring mine up with me

Wez do yourself a favour and get those 200 big ones over to Swansea.
Ian knows his shnizzle.
Just make sure you take a dump before you get there.
That toilet is like a scene out of train spotting.!![emoji23]

Reactions: wez
crikey. is that first box the transformer . i was expecting a blue plastic transformer. it could need a bit of surgery that. show me a pic of the whole back of the machine.
is there a speed control on this machine?
There is a speed control on the dial but it doesn't do anything. Someone told me it's for premixed or something.