Straight from the box.

Members online

I've only had mine 2 years but my finish is changed and can't work out if it's the trowel or gear. Could it be f**k*d after two years or am I being paranoid

I've only had mine 2 years but my finish is changed and can't work out if it's the trowel or gear. Could it be f**k*d after two years or am I being paranoid

Your joking mate 2 years from skimming alone is just about broke in normally!

Everyone's finish has changed over the last couple of years bg plaster is getting worse daily.

I've sussed out how to improve finish with it now but f**k me it's hard work at the moment!

I worked with a tip top spread last week who always leaves quality work i walked in his room and f**k me it was like a car crash!

He was broken saying he hadn't got a F*****g clue what to try anymore and he's been at it 35yrs!

I walked back into my room laughing my bollox off it made my day!

It's become a daily chore!

Everyone's finish has changed over the last couple of years bg plaster is getting worse daily.

I've sussed out how to improve finish with it now but f**k me it's hard work at the moment!

I worked with a tip top spread last week who always leaves quality work i walked in his room and f**k me it was like a car crash!

He was broken saying he hadn't got a F*****g clue what to try anymore and he's been at it 35yrs!

Do you know what I actually said to my son today that I feel like I could just jack it all in because of this shitty plaster as it's breaking me.

Maybe BG should start giving away rolls of anaglypta with every bag

...Everyone's finish has changed over the last couple of years bg plaster is getting worse daily.
I've sussed out how to improve finish with it now but f**k me it's hard work at the moment!...

How much flack would I take for suggesting sponge and spat?
Get good consistent results, possibly because it is very gentle on the surface so doesn't drag and stripe.

Get good consistent results, possibly because it is very gentle on the surface so doesn't drag and stripe.
I’ve actually been tempted by the sponge after someone else said about it the other day

Get no flack from me mate!

The only way i can get a acceptable finish by letting it go right until the end of set and then brush surface in front of trowel.

I've no idea how these people who claim to be using no water are finishing there work!

The down side is the pressure now needed to trowel up is killing my elbow at moment!

Last edited:
I honestly believe that all the plastering rules have been torn up and thrown out. Anything goes and whatever works for each of us is fine.
Out of interest;
has anyone tried to used Multi mixed with the amount of water BG state on the back of the bags?
Now that would be an arm breaker!

...has anyone tried to used Multi mixed with the amount of water BG state on the back of the bags?

:LOL: Same with board adhesive. They changed the recipe the other year and the mix went haywire. I was mixing up like always and had a big rock on the end of my paddle:nocausagracia:

Cornelius - Sponging is a bit like using a serrated spat for rendering, looks horrific when you run it across, but then smoothing over with the spat or a Nela (or such) is like the wiper on an etch-a-sketch, it just comes out super smooth and flat. I usually give it another trowel but tbh a lot of the time it's good enough to apply paint straight off.

And @essexandy im glad you ok with your new perm mate :risas:

I just got this ready for @Cockney1 , Christmas forum prize winner ,better late than never :hola:

B66E8F34-4562-4BB0-98AE-72DF6823BCAA.jpeg

Been working crazy hours and away this last week mate will post by Friday brother :maraca:

Cheers zombie makes me feel a bit better, hard for me to know at times what's my inexperience and what's out of my control....your right though, this gear in the cold temps is hard

:LOL: Same with board adhesive. They changed the recipe the other year and the mix went haywire. I was mixing up like always and had a big rock on the end of my paddle:nocausagracia:

Cornelius - Sponging is a bit like using a serrated spat for rendering, looks horrific when you run it across, but then smoothing over with the spat or a Nela (or such) is like the wiper on an etch-a-sketch, it just comes out super smooth and flat. I usually give it another trowel but tbh a lot of the time it's good enough to apply paint straight off.
I’ve dabbled with the sponge before, my only gripe was cleaning the sponge out and having to spray everything.

Get no flack from me mate!

The only way i can get a acceptable finish by letting it go right until the end of set and then brush surface in front of trowel.

I've no idea how these people who claim to be using no water are finishing there work!

The down side is the pressure now needed to trowel up is killing my elbow at moment!
Get a Nela! I was quite literally in f**k**g tears with my elbow. Takes so much pressure off .

Sponging is perhaps more addictive than crack cocaine...........you do it once, just to try it............then it never goes away.......a raw nagging craving........guy,guys
Me? I will do anything to get the best result I can with the least time/effort....and then get off home.

I honestly believe that all the plastering rules have been torn up and thrown out. Anything goes and whatever works for each of us is fine.
Out of interest;
has anyone tried to used Multi mixed with the amount of water BG state on the back of the bags?
yep tried it like diy sos mix