StoRend Flex Sytnetic Render

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
Got a builder friend of mine who has a house to build and it is to be Thermalite Shield Concrete Blocks. The render is to be Sto Flex Synthetic Render and be Sto Approved.

Anyone know of a render equivelent to this? SPS did have one but stopped importing it as there was not enough demand.

Parex rep has not got back to me.

it will prob be sto level coat (krend uf base) followed by a non cementious (fully synthetic) base and mesh coat, possibly wet product from a bucket then texture with stolit.

As far as I know Parex don't have a fully syntetic base because maite has so much polymer it still performs. The sto system is anti crack and you will get an equal spec if you shop around. these basecoats can be bent double over on a flexi sheet and they wont crack. Stomix did have one but they didnt sell. Jub might have one. If you get stuck give me a ring

Hi mate,

Will check with Mapei, think they may do something.

Will get back to you Monday

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I would suggest they do have cement free acrylic synthetic base, good shout forgot about mapei.

Rigs brace yourself these products are not cheap.

it will prob be sto level coat (krend uf base) followed by a non cementious (fully synthetic) base and mesh coat, possibly wet product from a bucket then texture with stolit.

As far as I know Parex don't have a fully syntetic base because maite has so much polymer it still performs. The sto system is anti crack and you will get an equal spec if you shop around. these basecoats can be bent double over on a flexi sheet and they wont crack. Stomix did have one but they didnt sell. Jub might have one. If you get stuck give me a ring

Yes I remember the Stomix flexible render. I should imagine it would need to be more than a thin coat render being on blocks.

found an email after this thread from SPS, they do a high polymer version of Cementine C+G for Thermalites. Has to be ordered in. Ordinary C+G is sticky enough and a bugger to rub up but a good polymer modified base render so sod knows what this even more polymer based render is like to work with.

Yes I remember the Stomix flexible render. I should imagine it would need to be more than a thin coat render being on blocks.

found an email after this thread from SPS, they do a high polymer version of Cementine C+G for Thermalites. Has to be ordered in. Ordinary C+G is sticky enough and a bugger to rub up but a good polymer modified base render so sod knows what this even more polymer based render is like to work with.

thats what the sto level coat is for rigs !!!

its krends base render in another bag you render first at 10mm then you have to use the synthetic sto flex (armat) on top of that, then your texture. the anti crack base coats do not contain cement as it is a material that suffers from cracks the synthetic base doesnt have this problem

Last edited:
Plasterje has nailed it rigs , sto system use sto classic to bed the mesh onto the sto level cost .

Sto level coat us is krends hp??
Sto classic is lovely to use tho.

Jub do a renovation motar. Got speced that on last job that had thermies

I got a sample for a internal premixed backing coat for Terracco. It's was sand based but no cement as it's premixed. It could have a additive add for external use. You think it's similar? Was not that expensive either!

Last time I checked level coat was UF base not HP. So basically OCR by krend but in another bag.

No not the same gear mate. The acrylic synthetic mortars are just that. Bendy as rubber bit very expensive. Guaranteed not to crack

Got a spec off K Rend for Thermalites. 6mm HPX then 10mm of UF Base.

Medium Blocks just 10mm of UF Base.

What is UF Base like to use? Compared to say Webers OCR?

16mm. Thats alot?

Pretty standard anywhere between 12 and 20 for solid render.

You would need a good 10mm of UF for setting properly, ruling and floating/workability and then overall integrity and strength. Just like a normal render or an OCR when thin they tend to suffer.

They could always use 7nm block like they should for rendered finish

Why thermalites rigs

You would need a good 10mm of UF for setting properly, ruling and floating/workability and then overall integrity and strength. Just like a normal render or an OCR when thin they tend to suffer.

Why thermalites rigs

Quality reply :RpS_thumbsup:

Why thermalites rigs

It is what the architect has specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.