storage heater

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

anyone got any ideas as to why it wouldnt be holding charge? charged it weds night on 3, thursday it was cold so thought it needed a full charge. turned it up to 6 last night and this morning it was cold again. my uncle is a spark and i normally get him to come round and have a look but the selfish bastards just moved up to the lakes so want to see if i can fix it myself before hes down next.

yes jamie it is. i dnt pay the leccy mate she does....so probably been cut off. thanks for the help al

they are mate but theres not alot i can do about it. im not forking out to have gas installed when im not staying here forever

are they not heating up at all. turn the input and output .up full the output opens the flap thing 2 let the heat out.might be a diffirent trip switch for they heaters.

yeah they have input and output. we had the input on 3 and thought it needed a full charge so turned it up to 6, output is around 3. not heating at all.

creda. not sure on the model. ive got a booklet somewhere but didnt know if there was a main thing that goes on them all the time if you know what i mean

lol............I think the stat could be stuck in the open position. Get the model number :RpS_thumbup:

Switch your heater off at the wall and move your controls through high to low and back (I think the output one) and listen for a 'click'. If you don't hear it, the stat is fuked. Get a coat on :RpS_thumbup:

although we've just checked the one upstairs and that didnt click either but its definately working

Hello Beddy, as much as i hate to admit this on here i'm a qualified sparks although the majority of my work is plastering. all that the output knob does is open a flap to let more heat out. The input knob controls the ammount of electrical input to heat it up. If you are getting nothing it could be a blown fuse or trip. My numbers 07771743972. If i can be of any help give me a shout!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.