stopping plaster tearing ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemp

stopping plaster tearing ? would kiln sand in my pva help? or letting it go off over night ?

nope been doin it years and have had me trowel years the guy that trained me tought me well . its on painted walls in a old house im re-skimming and its proper buggin me iv unibonded walls and left them overnight but its still happened today

I had it in February but that was the bags, have you nicked you're trowel and had a good go on it with a sharpening stone they can put a false edge on

you need to use your trowel flatter to the wall or ceiling it helps not trying to teach you to suck eggs or anything just try it

it tears back to origanal wall im putting pleanty on and always 2 coat i would have had my head knocked off if i ever 1 coated lol
i did nick my trowl but that was ages ago and i filed it out i only use my trowel for skimming got seperate 1 for roughing on bonding etc
for some reason it aint done it today at all lol

shiney silk painted walls are slippery . i'd guess the first coat hasn't set enough before laying it in. glue tactics also make a difference try spreading on shiney surface while the glues bit too wet .

sounds as if ur trying 2 rub it 2 soon.leave the bits that are tearing.until its almost set.then give it a rub.might cos it 2 tear if ur finish has not been laid in.theres a lot of suction in old walls.make ur pva tacky.

sounds as if ur trying 2 rub it 2 soon.leave the bits that are tearing.until its almost set.then give it a rub.might cos it 2 tear if ur finish has not been laid in.theres a lot of suction in old walls.make ur pva tacky.

Yeah this definitely the answer, if you RUB it at just the right time a Genie will appear and trowel the wall for you without a single tear to be seen. But beware as this will only work three times, after that it's up to you to figure it out. FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.