Stop beads on splay angles

Members online

johniosaif

Private Member
plastering a loft ,they ask for stop beads on all the splay angles , it's damn awkward ,hard not to damage the finished angle when doing the opposite side of the splay

plastering a loft ,they ask for stop beads on all the splay angles , it's damn awkward ,hard not to damage the finished angle when doing the opposite side of the splay

maybe they meant to drop it down a few inches from the splay.
create a small round.
looks tidy when painted.

why would they want that john?.
What are they hoping to achieve.
Must of over ordered the bead and just trying to use it up.
It's hard to say ,difficult to do , especially in a refurb , if everything was inline ,it's possible,but the beads do kick a bit ,you'd want them set in and filled in before a skim

Pink grip um. Especially at the ends. I also have used 2 pack wood filler to hold as sets in 10 mins but not cost effective. Bits of duck tape can hold them on while it all drys. Best of luck though

Absolute nonsense.
Can't get them any straighter using them than you would just dubbing out/floating the background.
An idea dreamt up by someone not even related to a plasterer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen splayed beads around, Amaroc do them. Maybe look at this site http://trim-tex.co.uk/corner-bead/standard-corner-beads/splayed-corner-bead.html

They are nonsense too. Do they move to the angle of the splay or do you buy individual ones for different degree corners?
What the hell is wrong with a skim stop bead?
I think the op is also yalking about using them to straighten internal splays on ceilings.
That's the way I took it anyway....

Bottom line is you can only follow the shape of the Plaster board with a skim stop so my advice is violence extreme violence

They are nonsense too. Do they move to the angle of the splay or do you buy individual ones for different degree corners?
What the hell is wrong with a skim stop bead?
I think the op is also yalking about using them to straighten internal splays on ceilings.
That's the way I took it anyway....

they straighten the angle. Have you tried one?

So does a skim stop if you bed it on?
Do they do them in differing angles?

Yes, been using stop beads for years, this way just easier. Take that as a no......contempt prior to investigation.

Yes, been using stop beads for years, this way just easier. Take that as a no......contempt prior to investigation.

Would help me out if you answered a couple of my questions.........
How do they make it easier? You still have to plumb both ways so what's the difference?
And I'll ask one last time..... do they do them in every obtuse angle??
I'm trying to get you to enlighten me but hey if you don't want to share the knowledge hey ho!!

@johniosaif i'vet used a few rolls of the easyflex pro at first I hated it , tbh I keep one on the van pacificly for situations you describe, they do take a bit of time to bed in but the plastic reinforced tapes on the back side do make a very true line , if you want a roll pm me I'll send you one to try as I have 2 in my van.

@johniosaif i'vet used a few rolls of the easyflex pro at first I hated it , tbh I keep one on the van pacificly for situations you describe, they do take a bit of time to bed in but the plastic reinforced tapes on the back side do make a very true line , if you want a roll pm me I'll send you one to try as I have 2 in my van.
I've used easy flex pro before and liked it, it's not what the builder wanted ,they wanted back to back stop beads ,I just used one stop bead on each splay , easy flex will run with the angle as opposed to the stop bead which will be levelled and run through ( I hoped ) or at least give the perception of same ,

Would help me out if you answered a couple of my questions.........
How do they make it easier? You still have to plumb both ways so what's the difference?
And I'll ask one last time..... do they do them in every obtuse angle??
I'm trying to get you to enlighten me but hey if you don't want to share the knowledge hey ho!!

Yes, every angle possible