Stock up on finish

Members online

Pagey

Private Member
went to Vauxhall Travis today to get some finish and they had no finish and if you work in South London you will know this is a pretty big travis and loads stop there before going over the bridge into the city so it’s normally a banker for Plaster but the yard bloke said they have had none today and he doesn’t even know when a delivery is coming asked in shop same thing rung a few plasterers I know all said same thing that Travis they use it’s getting really low and also seen a thread on here about it so reckon might be time to stock up on a few bags chaps

went to Vauxhall Travis today to get some finish and they had no finish and if you work in South London you will know this is a pretty big travis and loads stop there before going over the bridge into the city so it’s normally a banker for Plaster but the yard bloke said they have had none today and he doesn’t even know when a delivery is coming asked in shop same thing rung a few plasterers I know all said same thing that Travis they use it’s getting really low and also seen a thread on here about it so reckon might be time to stock up on a few bags chaps
@bg @Vincey same thing ,what's happening?

Lots in wickes today (Wimbledon and selco )

Lots in wickes today (Wimbledon and selco )
Maybe it’s travis but kept being told don’t know what’s happening and no news on next delivery not even a oh they on strike they had trouble at plant nothing just another mystery and few saying same thing as what I’ve heard

Maybe it’s travis but kept being told don’t know what’s happening and no news on next delivery not even a oh they on strike they had trouble at plant nothing just another mystery and few saying same thing as what I’ve heard
There were reports of a machine that broke but it's now operating as normal , perhaps a BG person might clarify

There were reports of a machine that broke but it's now operating as normal , perhaps a BG person might clarify
Hahahah hahahha very funny John very funny I remember the last one that happened and people were charging silly money for a bag of finish (cough cough baron of Sydenham) hope it ain’t going to dry they will be a big push into the xmas break up

They said machine broke down mate, tbh I hope all the multi machines do.Would do us all a favour
Put them claws away mr v,what’s the whole thing with it then just a blip or are we gonna have to stock up

Put them claws away mr v,what’s the whole thing with it then just a blip or are we gonna have to stock up
Serious mate I was hoping it was the beginning of the end of it but loads of idiots keep buying it and am sure it will only be a blip for the cheap crap shite multi lovers out there

Serious mate I was hoping it was the beginning of the end of it but loads of idiots keep buying it and am sure it will only be a blip for the cheap crap shite multi lovers out there
Multi is ok in the right hands , it's not what it once was , I've had great multi recently.

Just realised I’m playing billy big bollox about stocking up I got 2bags in the van that should see me through til xmas

Mines good at the minute , I had a batch about a month ago that's the worst gear I ever used, I threw the last few bags out in the end as couldn't face using it

Theres a full pallet of it sitting outside my plot and a pallet of board finish i will use the board any offers on the multi

id understand if it was board finish.....theres a shortage because most of it is on my floors !!!

Don't know how much truth is in it. Was told that someone in the factory got an arm ripped off on a machine and H&S shut it down for 2 weeks.@ British gypsum

My Local travis told me today that B&Q have recalled all there plaster cause multi and bonding have been put in the wrong bags? Havnt checked it out. But some cock up if true

Pallet of grey bonding appeared in my local bq,not seen that for 18 months or so,then stuff after that one is back to pink.

I've had one grey bag in about year much better to use. Travis by me is gd price for finish that's all I by there. They gave me couple bags of bonding 60 decent stuff but I think the pink bonding goes off quicker

I've had one grey bag in about year much better to use. Travis by me is gd price for finish that's all I by there. They gave me couple bags of bonding 60 decent stuff but I think the pink bonding goes off quicker
Pink bonding goes like a rocket compared to grey stuff.

Yeah it's brutal if you have a lot of blocking out to do mix in smaller batches. Bonding 60 was decent though and finish didn't sook like f**k on it either. Not sure what the price was, The pink bonding is shite

Hi all,

To clarify, we recently suffered a mechanical failure on one of the plaster production lines at our Barrow Plant, which resulted in a reduction in production for a period of two weeks. The problem has now been resolved and we are now back to full operation, however we are currently quoting extended lead times on our Plaster products. We are working very hard to reduce these as quickly as possible, and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We can also confirm that we have not recalled plaster because they have been put into the incorrect bags, this is false information.

Thank you

Hi all,

To clarify, we recently suffered a mechanical failure on one of the plaster production lines at our Barrow Plant, which resulted in a reduction in production for a period of two weeks. The problem has now been resolved and we are now back to full operation, however we are currently quoting extended lead times on our Plaster products. We are working very hard to reduce these as quickly as possible, and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We can also confirm that we have not recalled plaster because they have been put into the incorrect bags, this is false information.

Thank you
What about the guy who lost his arm?