Stilts

Members online

No im 6ft
But if it saves dragging a hop up everywhere im in ive got the biggest ones but i do not often use them... not many ceilings at that height.

No im 6ft
But if it saves dragging a hop up everywhere im in ive got the biggest ones but i do not often use them... not many ceilings at that height.

16" to 24" in these

Or

either of the top 2 sizes in these. Made very well.

think I've spent about 20%
of the last 20 year's of my life on stilts mate :rayos: :ROFLMAO:

…other 80% in high heels?

chin.gif

16" to 24" in these

Or

either of the top 2 sizes in these. Made very well.

I can see the appeal of doing ceilings without the hassle of hop-ups, but I've never seriously considered stilts (and I'd be scared of tripping over in them).

There must be a reasonable market for them in the UK (not on site, obviously). Maybe it's mostly 18-30 yr olds who are fit enough to risk them?

I can see the appeal of doing ceilings without the hassle of hop-ups, but I've never seriously considered stilts (and I'd be scared of tripping over in them).

There must be a reasonable market for them in the UK (not on site, obviously). Maybe it's mostly 18-30 yr olds who are fit enough to risk them?

The dura are very well made (maybe better than the sur)

I think they last longer.

Mine have.

The sur stilts with the double arms either side of your leg (inside and out) give such a sense of security and stability that is so assuring.

If you're not sure or have any balance issue, don't bother with stilts at all.
But sur are definitely the most stable.

Age wise, the years that they started coming out and becoming popular, (lads were early 20s then), I'd say would now be approaching 50.

Doubt there would be many older than that on them.

I have 2 dura pairs (shortest and longest height), and 1 sur magnesium (middle height).

My guess is that most of the stilts sold in the UK are for use on site. They are permitted under HSE guidelines.
I'm 56 and used stilts for a number of years, only stopping shortly after my knee surgery. I have a feeling they may have even been the cause of the ligament tears in my knee?

My guess is that most of the stilts sold in the UK are for use on site. They are permitted under HSE guidelines.
I'm 56 and used stilts for a number of years, only stopping shortly after my knee surgery. I have a feeling they may have even been the cause of the ligament tears in my knee?
You’re probably right if you used the standard leg straps they come with, my legs always throbbed with them as you have to pull the tight for stability.
Then another plasterer let me try his with the padded Velcro leg straps and I’ve never looked back.

You’re probably right if you used the standard leg straps they come with, my legs always throbbed with them as you have to pull the tight for stability.
Then another plasterer let me try his with the padded Velcro leg straps and I’ve never looked back.
I just had the standard Marshalltown straps.

Hop ups and planks for you then!
:ROFLMAO:

I don’t know how people skim ceilings big rooms etc without stilts just seems like it would take forever

I've got a lovely little foldable rolling tower for reasonable sized ceilings and use a full size rolling tower on really big (for me) ceilings.
I always deck them out if anything big.
That’s what I’m used to as I was taught by the old man.
I bought some stills years ago but some of the jobs I go on they would be lethal.
Missing floor boards etc etc.

I always deck them out if anything big.
That’s what I’m used to as I was taught by the old man.
I bought some stills years ago but some of the jobs I go on they would be lethal.
Missing floor boards etc etc.
I was taught the same with my old man, split heads and scaffold boards.
To be honest some of the ceilings we've done, by the time we'd board it out I'd have it on off the tower.