Stilts

Members online

Simon85

Always preferred the single bar ones, but was on the doubles theday, definitely impressed. Very tempted to get a set soon. Found them more comfortable for sure. Bit more awkward to get in and out of after being used the singles though

Always preferred the single bar ones, but was on the doubles theday, definitely impressed. Very tempted to get a set soon. Found them more comfortable for sure. Bit more awkward to get in and out of after being used the singles though
Stilt are OK if you work in a circus had some years ago just to dangerous for me lol I guess if your on them every day you get use to them have you fallen from them or do you know anybody that had a nasty fall?

f**k them of u clown, battans

Stilt are OK if you work in a circus had some years ago just to dangerous for me lol I guess if your on them every day you get use to them have you fallen from them or do you know anybody that had a nasty fall?
I've been with lads who have fell, thankfully I haven't yet. The lads that fell thankfully didn't hurt themselves other than maybe a bruise. You get used to them after a while. I only use the medium set, id reach a 9ft ceiling off it comfortable up full height, any more and I lose my nerve lol

I've been with lads who have fell, thankfully I haven't yet. The lads that fell thankfully didn't hurt themselves other than maybe a bruise. You get used to them after a while. I only use the medium set, id reach a 9ft ceiling off it comfortable up full height, any more and I lose my nerve lol
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever use them u will f**k**g break your neck one day asuwere

If I had stilt I'd get two labour one for mixing and one to stand by my side to catch me if I did loose my balance

I have the yellow magnesium ones and think they are definitely worth the extra cost, my feet used to be sore after a day on the old single bar ones but never have that problem with the double sided

Really if you master the speedskim there's no need for stilts

I have the yellow magnesium ones and think they are definitely worth the extra cost, my feet used to be sore after a day on the old single bar ones but never have that problem with the double sided
My feet be sore after a day on the single ones. Could be tempting to go double. How much are the magnesium ones?

f**k stilts.......

19th_Century_Torture_Rack_as589a532z.jpg

The magnesium ones are 320 or 266 ex vat from ramboo and the aluminium are 20 quid cheaper
The magnesium ones are a nice bit lighter though
Nearly every new house in Ireland now has ufh so the ceilings are at least 9 feet high and sometimes more depending how much insulation is being put under the pipes so we need the higher stilts so the lighter the better

Been using them for years the doubles wont get better the ali ones are stronger than the mags and no difference really in weight

Hi all.
I rap my legs in a bit of skim bag to stop the rubbing when in shorts.
My stilts are cheapys do the dearer ones rub ya legs?

A few days of PVA ing ceilings on stilts with a roller and I found it gave me the confidence to lay on from stilts. It also gives you the feel for walking a ceiling in with out the worry of f**king it up.
My teacher said if you can't push a roller up a ceiling in a straight line you won't be able to push a trowel in a straight line.

Convinced I’d look like bambi on ice on stilts
If you've standard 8ft ceilings they aren't hard to get the swing of. Smaller rooms to start with to walk about in. Walk about in them for about a half hour and you'll be ok, takes a while to get use to em but we use labourers and spot boards and that, if you're on your own they are a pain but once ceiling is coated it's a gift once flatten twice can just walk them

If you've standard 8ft ceilings they aren't hard to get the swing of. Smaller rooms to start with to walk about in. Walk about in them for about a half hour and you'll be ok, takes a while to get use to em but we use labourers and spot boards and that, if you're on your own they are a pain but once ceiling is coated it's a gift once flatten twice can just walk them
Battens

Yeah I’m solo so would prob end up in a puddle on the floor!

I tripped over a sh*t pipe in the middle of a room once on stilts and that is the only time I have hit the deck on them in the 166 years I have been plastering. 18 pints after work and my knees were fine. All the old boys I know who are still at it have got Bupa knees anyway so bring it on.

That means I have to drag boards about on top of the van or pinch them of the scaffolders. Scaffolders are all nutters and I can't afford roof racks
No u need one batten to make a bench ask the scaffolder for one because if not he mite put a Ariel on your f**k**g van ie a scaffolding pole .dum f**k

Mate let me tell u something plasterers use to have milk crate and battans and spot an stand it c**ts like you in th game who have f**k this trade up u w**k*r
I’m not the one whining because I can’t make money or looking for advice how to trowel a wall.It’s people like you(If you’re not a wind up) that are an embarrassment to it.