stilts

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPS

Private Member
never been bothered about stilts before but thinking about getting some to try out, I work by myself so what im thinking is it might be a pain in the arse having to get the ligger board out instead of just scooping it out of the bucket, whats your thoughts on them and if you have any whats the best make and hight to have? Ive been looking on ebay and the prices go from £40 upto over £250

i would always use stilts if its practical. working on ur own isnt a prob. getting gear out a tub is a chore. just chuck one or 2 on the board, 1st coat, then knock one up and second. still easier than off a crate with a tub. sometimes i put it on off a crate and trowel up off the stilts to save too much getting up and down off them. marshaltown stilts are good

i hiv never used stilts.as wen ur on a job there is alwas stuf laying around the floor buckets bags of plaster mixing drils.and usualy lots of other stuff.just dosent sound practical would u not keep faling over stuff.if u want 2 wair stilts join the curcus.

i hiv never used stilts.as wen ur on a job there is alwas stuf laying around the floor buckets bags of plaster mixing drils.and usualy lots of other stuff.just dosent sound practical would u not keep faling over stuff.if u want 2 wair stilts join the curcus.

Just move the stuff, it ant rocket science

i would always use stilts if its practical. working on ur own isnt a prob. getting gear out a tub is a chore. just chuck one or 2 on the board, 1st coat, then knock one up and second. still easier than off a crate with a tub. sometimes i put it on off a crate and trowel up off the stilts to save too much getting up and down off them. marshaltown stilts are good

1 or 2 sod that i mix one bucket (1 bag) at a time and thats it

marshaltown cost a good few bob dont they sure i saw them at around £300

will i move the spark who is working in the same room and all his tools and all the coper pipes aswell and cover the hatch in the floor.

I love my stilts would never be with out them . Casper when are you going to get a pair.

Casper will never get stilts Henry he wouldn't be able to look at himself
In the mirror while he's working :RpS_biggrin:

cheers nisus ill check the link out now

by the way any tips on how to start using them

I huvnae used them either jamie. Stilts are an English thing. I've never saw them used in scotland, EVER!!! We're a hardy breed up here!

I huvnae used them either jamie. Stilts are an English thing. I've never saw them used in scotland, EVER!!! We're a hardy breed up here!
You don't use them mate because you wouldn't be able to keeping running to the bathroom to check yourself oot in the mirror :RpS_laugh:

try em on in the house, in hall ways so you can touch both sides of the wall.

I use mine a lot on lower ceilings, avoid them on the really high victorian ceilings. Fell off em too much. Don't like the thought of falling through a window or falling on a trowel and bleeding to death.

Used them today on a big knocked through lounge. Makes such a difference being able to sweep the trowel over 1.5 metres each time. Lost one of the leg straps, so had to improvise, used me belt today. Seemed to work alright.

You want sur mag with gorilla straps occasionally they come up on eBay forget every other pair of stilts

ive got stilts they do save you time and are faster but i had a fall not so long ago,me and my dad had put big ceiling on! my old fella put his trowle on the side of water buckect(as you do) i triped over and fell towards the buckect and trowle, i am not kidding you my face was 2 or 3 inchs away from his trowle!as i was falling i just manged to move my head away from the trowel!god now wot state i would be in if i didnt see wot was going to happen but i still use them. just use your nogging!!

ive got stilts they do save you time and are faster but i had a fall not so long ago,me and my dad had put big ceiling on! my old fella put his trowle on the side of water buckect(as you do) i triped over and fell towards the buckect and trowle, i am not kidding you my face was 2 or 3 inchs away from his trowle!as i was falling i just manged to move my head away from the trowel!god now wot state i would be in if i didnt see wot was going to happen but i still use them. just use your nogging!!

lucky foooooooker!!

yep nearly had that happen to me on the highest setting. The prospect of cutting an artery and bleeding to death on your own aint a nice thought. That's why I don't do the high ceilings on them.

Ive tripped and put my hand out to a wall to stop myself falling with a trowel in it. The trowel span in my hand and cut in to my wrist, **** me there was a lot of blood! Missed my vain by 5 mm but you could see the tendents moving. Got a nice scar now looks like ive been self harming :RpS_laugh:

yeah there too dodgey to use on your own i think!! if its too high i still prefer hop ups and a board

just take you time on them m8,like 1 of the other post said use them in your hall way till you get used to them,last year we was out on site and this other spread was useing em and he was up and down on em all day long with no probs but like he said he used his every day for the last 3 or 4 years,i be lucky if i use mine 1 a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.