Stilts

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice 1 mate. just noticed you where takin them off at the end. Always b sure to undo the foot part first not the leg. coz if you loose your balence withe the leg strap of ur fckd but if you take you foot strap of then the leg and step straight of ;)

wiganlad said:
nice 1 mate. just noticed you where takin them off at the end. Always b sure to undo the foot part first not the leg. coz if you loose your balence withe the leg strap of ur fckd but if you take you foot strap of then the leg and step straight of ;)
Its not me. :D Just a vid I found whilst lookin on you tube. Gettin mine in a couple of days.

steve cov said:
right, imagine your stand without the spot on. theres 4 legs standing up isnt there. we've got 4 bits of tubing about an inch wide and cut them roughly 18inches to 2 foot long. then place each one on top of the legs and it raises the spot up. but the way the stand is designed, 2 of the pipes will have to be slightly longer. get your stand out and have a look and you will see what i mean
Ah now I see what you mean but I dont use a traditional spot, Il post a pic of mine.

07082009500.jpg

its a good table, i originally had it for puttin my chopsaw on, you can bolt it down and just ended up using it for plastering.

I do the same as steve with 22mm copper pipe 20" long I think.
But i can pull plaster off it without extending it when using stilts.

Bruce is there any vodka in that redbull ;D

Way hay! My new stilts have come and Ive just had a go. Nearly took out the light fitting and the cats scarpered pretty quick but I got used to em ok. Wouldnt try and skim a ceiling tomoz on em but can see em coming in handy :)

Bruce Willis said:
Way hay! My new stilts have come and Ive just had a go. Nearly took out the light fitting and the cats scarpered pretty quick but I got used to em ok. Wouldnt try and skim a ceiling tomoz on em but can see em coming in handy :)

This is what I did Bruce:

Walk around the house on em on the lowest setting
Do 20 mins a day or summat like that for a week or a few days up to you really.
Then once you got your confidence on em take em to work & use them to scrim ceilings.
Then once you get used to that after a day or few days or whatever ;D
Use em for flattening ceiling & trowelling.
Then finally use em for skimming ceilings etc. ;)

That's just how i did it though, just take your time mate you'll soon be running to the offy in em ;)

My mate bought some & tried skimming a ceiling next day nearly broke his neck & said stilts are 5hit & sold em on ebay :D
He never gave em a chance.

Nisus said:
Bruce Willis said:

Then once you got your confidence on em take em to work & use them to scrim ceilings.

That's just how i did it though, just take your time mate you'll soon be running to the offy in em ;)

My mate bought some & tried skimming a ceiling next day nearly broke his neck & said stilts are 5hit & sold em on ebay :D
Stuff skimming in em Ive ordered some triple long pants and Im off to join the circus. ;D

Nisus said:
Bruce Willis said:

Just tried em with trainers on and its much easier.

going back to the first post you can put a spot on a spot if you no what i mean or wot stev cov said works well or put a hop up on you r spot with another borad on it on top

carlos said:
going back to the first post you can put a spot on a spot if you no what i mean or wot stev cov said works well or put a hop up on you r spot with another borad on it on top
thats a good idea with the hop ups. I presume you mean upside down?

My new stilts, and at £58 including postage Im well chuffed. Nice one Ste cov ;)
30042010778.jpg

[/quote]#
i reconise that carpet ;D ;D

Plasterite said:
is that an advert or is there some bird lying on her back under your crutch!
??? I did. Ok what you do is set up an account with photobucket. Its free, then add your pics to it. Then highlight the link at the bottom and copy it ,then open a reply post on here and once you have the cursor on screen click paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.