Stilts?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive used them on an off for 5 years and i would say humping 60 bags up a few flights of stairs gives you more back problems

I would say no too, but my answers are informative :)

You use stilts in a very upright posture, which puts little strain on your back. Its 'bending' that strains your back, like as someone said picking up bags of plaster.

Heres an interesting thing, I have a mate who's a doctor (gp) a lot of his back complaints come from people picking up things that are small and light, if you drop a pen or a tape measure you just quickly bend over and pick it up, often at a funny angle.

If you pick a bag of plaster up, you get ready for somthing heavy and you prepare and align yourself properly.

Thats what he said anyway.

Ive found stilts strain your hip muscles. Stils are brilliant but not in every scenario.

have to disagree research in australia found that stilts make you walk unaturally thus put strain on your spine it has not effected me after using them for over 20 years but i know people they have

how many old circus clowns do you know that have bad backs? they use the biggest stilts known to man ;D ;D

i used to be a clown, but then i became a plasterer...well, not much of a job change really

got mine off ebay range is 18"-30" cost about £70, had them 6 years and not had 1 problem with them. one of the best bits of kit i've ever bought.

PhilPlaster said:
Can anyone recommend some. Price, height and make?
Durastilts are good as for height depends how tall you are and what you want to reach ,You get what you pay for with stilts so it depends on how much use they will get as to what to spend on them

Phil, ive got the ebay duras copies, there ok, if ya ever down Northants way you can have em, never use the things. now.

skywalker 2,s are crap sur magstilts are the lightest and most comfortable stilts the double sided ones

yep ive got them on now mate makes cooking in kitchen bit hard as ceiling is only 2.2 high

no mate if you,ve never used stilts go for the mag 2,s bit more expensive but worth it look at them here all wall.com

phill av got some stilts but now i work in the private sector i never use them, they extend to about 1m, but they are covered in skim. if you want you can lend them to see if you like em because if you aint on site then they are abit useless, but thats only my opinion. mine are not fore sale though but i would say give them a try before you buy any mate ;) ps they are durasoft

Status
Not open for further replies.