STILTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

Any 1 use um any gd? and can u use then on ur own and still mix up and clean buckket?

lookin at gettin the ne w 2.0 sky walkers..the 24" - 40" as 18" to 30" is still low..

yeah mate i use stilts im not to good on em if im really high tho but just normall ceilings they are a great bit of kit to have..best with a bitch but if you by yourself it just means taking them of the once to mix etc...

you can only use them on certain jobs and 90% of the time domestic work will be a no no, get a cheap pair and try them out, what's the worst that can happen you fall off and cut youre head off with that sharp skimming trowel ;D ;D

agree with nicksey bought a pair of dura stilts 6 years ago just sold them as new,used them about 4 times most jobs they are no good plus if you are skimming a 12 x12 ceiling you want to get all your reveals and alcoves on at the same time its a pain in the arse getting up and down for the sake of ten minutes planking out,its a lot safer, one fall and you could be of for weeks ,plus planking out when you start troweling up you can get a full run,surprised they havent been banded on site health and safety and all that b*ll***s

its stilts all day long for me, if your confident on them they are no problem and every bit as safe as walking on a plank, and you will use them more often than not, you get a better finish its easier and quicker i agree though get a cheap pair first 70 notes, i find that the spreads who do not get on with them slate them and those who do love them so just keep that in mind they do take a day or two in the back garden getting used to them. good luck

i'm with gps, started using mine again a couple of months ago and havn't looked back.

so are they easy to get on and off? and a hop up is ok for most small celings so i guess 18"-30" is a waste of time..and 24" 40" is more worth havin?

yes after a couple of times they are easy to get on and off it becomes second nature, as for size i find my 18-30 perfect i have never had to raise them above 18 and im only 5,9, but it depends where your from i suppose and the average ceiling height.

ok thanks 4 the help..ganna get some..that trastool does then 4 around £220 but on ebay £130 +£40p@p from america..duno wot 2 do,.

Status
Not open for further replies.