Stilts vs boards

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried stilts a few years back, but I found that because I'm older now than I was years ago, :huh:
I don't bounce very well:RpS_laugh:

So hop up or boarded

Hate using steps, and hop ups on times.The amount of energy you expend up and down on em readjusting etc..i think stilts are a great investment.

ur a bit old to be starting on them now and there not for every one depends on ur balance and if ur afraide on them theres no point i have been useing them 20 years now i could walk up a stairs on them have a lot off time on them get on and off in seconds and was never told yet i could not use them on a job boards can be dangerours to i fell though a bad board two years ago and got 32 stichs in my leg
'A bit old' Ouch. My balance should be pretty good being a caver so I suppose I will have to rule myself out for being past it. :RpS_wink:
The boards and tressles are mine so I check them. As I said before, I don't think I will bother trying them. Thanks for the advice guys.

Always have used boards myself, i do mainly domestic which involves covering carpets with dust sheets, can imagine it would be very dangerous working on Stilts and dust sheets.

Always stilts for me. Got a pair of martial town about 10 yrs ago £200 and still going strong. I have extension pipes for my board stand too.
Just double check you have all you need to hand before you get a mix on and go! Unless you have a labourer

No just knell down ha ha. Actually welded extra feet on on stand for when I'm on my stilts cause can't reach other one when on the highest level!

Never used stilts, I work on my own mostly and I'm mainly r******d. Can just see myself falling down, breaking bones and not being able to reach my phone to dial 999 :RpS_crying:. Love boards when working for builders who have them. Mostly I use light weight ladders (too small for hop up most of the time) and have no problem throwing them round the room as I go about

hop ups or stilts for me some tiles the job needs a full boarded room.
or even birdcage if its on site happy days Dont need a lab if your on stilts just buy a high table.
Have you tried lifting a 2 bag set onto a high stand????? killer

Status
Not open for further replies.