Stilts on domestics

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
How safe is it to use stilts on domestic jobs where ur likely to be on laminate floors, tarps or dust sheets???

Can u get away with them all the time or only occasionally

Want a pair but dont wanna waste cash

THanks

i use mine on dust sheets and tarps. just make sure they're laid neatly and lift you feet.

Hardboard with taped joints is good on laminate & real wood floors etc when using stilts. Protects the floor too ;)

people say that but i could never be arsed to bring hardboard to cover the floor. i'd rather buy a roll of that sticky s**t.

must say looking forwards to using a set ::)

;D
86475815.jpg

It's good on bigger jobs though when there's loadsa trades in etc
I thought about keeping some in the van all the time but i dont ;D

You could cut a sheet into 8x2's then tape down the middle so it folds in half for storage.
then just unfold them when on the job, about 6 sheets'll do an average size room ;)
::)

Nearly broke me leg using them over that HIPPO hard floor covering plastic today.
Started off allright but if u drop any on it its like an ice rink, not
worth taking a chance mate :eek:

90% of the time i'm spotless, don't drop a thing, but then there's that 10%! never know why!

[quote it!author=Nisus link=topic=8897.msg109763#msg109763 date=1284497703]
And that 10% always lands on the corner of carpet where the dustsheets moved ;D
[/quote]

lol! you fcukin knows it!

Pug said:
[quote it!author=Nisus link=topic=8897.msg109763#msg109763 date=1284497703]
And that 10% always lands on the corner of carpet where the dustsheets moved ;D

lol! you fcukin knows it!
[/quote]

Only what I've been told Pug, like I say I don't spill a drop ::)

Ok maybe now & then ;)

Me customer today put a pic up on facebook after I abbandoned
the stilts and I WAS covered in sh1t, the cheeky Bolton git :mad:

if you need stilts to help you speed the job along on a domestic job you are a poof or a show off ;D

I always get the customer to lay cardboard on the floor and tape it up , its much safer than dust sheets or tarp.

spunky said:
if you need stilts to help you speed the job along on a domestic job you are a poof or a show off ;D

I know why you don't wear stilts............

Because you wouldn't be able to reach your dog to wank him off ;D

just wondering how you guys dont manage to spill any? I always get it everywhere... any tips? I do work by myself though so i hav to mix and clean as well as plaster. appreciate any advice.

I do that sometimes nelly.

Sometimes use 2 hop ups & a plank aswell, don't have to move em that many times when doing ceilings.

Nisus said:

Sometimes use 2 hop ups & a plank aswell, don't have to move em that many times when doing ceilings.

Planks get on my tits, I remember the days when we used to plank the entire room out on milk crates!!!

Used to take all day to do one ceiling

nelly said:
Nisus said:

Planks get on my tits, I remember the days when we used to plank the entire room out on milk crates!!!

Used to take all day to do one ceiling

Yeh I know, still it's handy if it's already done for ya.

TBH i was thinking the same

Lay on with the hop up but i fancy the stilts for troweling up the ceiling in one continous sweep

More practical i think that way for me as i work alone

nelly said:
Sometimes I put it on useing a hop up then do the troweling with stilts.

f**k me nelly, how do you put it on with a hop up?! i struggle using a 14inch trowel, f**k trying a 2ft long hop up!

steve cov said:
nelly said:
Sometimes I put it on useing a hop up then do the troweling with stilts.

(french word) me nelly, how do you put it on with a hop up?! i struggle using a 14inch trowel, (french word) trying a 2ft long hop up!

Very poor mate..........very poor ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.