Stilts and vaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgreigh

As I was skimming a vaulted ceiling the other day I wondered if the lads who use stilts would use them in this situation and how they would use them? Would you do the top at one height then lower them for the middle and so on untill you could reach from the floor. Or do you not bother and use steps or hopups etc ? I haven't got round to buying a pair yet but still curious. Thanks chaps.

Stilts all day long mate sod all the up down up down on hop ups ladders etc less effort using stilts but only in the rite situation

Depends on the height really ... most I find I can get too without altering the height and others id whip em off and use a hop up worse case ... Not really sure how people do ceilings off hop ups and ladders cos imo your not trowelling off from side to side only in patches ...

Depends on the height really ... most I find I can get too without altering the height and others id whip em off and use a hop up worse case ... Not really sure how people do ceilings off hop ups and ladders cos imo your not trowelling off from side to side only in patches ...
I know what you mean by the troweling in sections off of steps etc,I'm quite fortunate that I can reach 99% of ceilings I do from the floor,two crates and a plank works ok for the taller ones.

yeah im 6,4'' so new build ceilings would be a ball ache but if i had a worthwhile stint of them id buy the 15-24 '' MT 2.0's

Id probably pass though if it was a one off low ceiling as I couldn't honestly be bothered using planks and rushing around etc.

Did one recently from 2.4m rising to 5m so no chance of using stilts as i would on flat ceilings up to around 3m.
So used wheel along tower scaffold just moving boards up n down as went . Still a ball ache but job was good finished all that matters. I work alone mostly so have telescopic trestles with good board on top 2m long 50cm wide enough room for my bucket of gear bucket of water n trowels and enough space get on n off me stilts only coming down to mix n clean. Works well as long as you dont forget anything (y)

Cant be arsed paying anyone when i can manage on my own 47 n stubborn i guess or forever trying to prove something to myself guess theres a few the same on here. ??

Your up and down twice the gear goes off the same time as ever and the job is finished same , just move a little faster nothing new in this game .

Wish it was that simple. If youre on ceilings all day, there is water to be got, buckets to be cleaned and mixed, getting ready for the next gauge, its obviously do able albeit less m2 end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.