Still desperately looking for on the job training/labouring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattb8

[SUB]still looking for work as trainee labourer was in contact with a plasterer today and he sounded very interested as I have past experience but didn't want me to leave my full time job as he couldn't guarantee constant work just my luck hopefully something comes up soon [/SUB]

If your working get yeself out at weekends for expereinced lads who will show you the ropes. Pay them in beer if u have to

Try your local building college. Mine did ten week intro course for about £130 done in the evenings. Was friggin awfull but its a start

Make sure people know where you are based. With out them reading you previous post they won't know

Plastering is a trade. Sign up to college and get on the nvq course and write to all the firms in your area for a placement. You can do 5days work and night class if money is an issue then learn in the gang. When I started out I written to 360 companies and got about 20 sorry we have nothing replies and 1 job offer.

That was in a growing economy period. Its not easy mate. Its a hard trade to crack. If you give 1000 percent you will succeed but there are many many easier careers out there now

Status
Not open for further replies.