Steel Toe Caps

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy2

I need some new boots, which ones are best? I've had the cheap ones and they don't cut the mustard for me, I like to be comfy when on my feet all day, I found Caterpillar good and last well but no steel insoles and after getting a nail through my foot with them I've vowed never to buy a pair without steel insoles.Dr Martins are crap. In the past year I've gone through 2 pairs of Dickies, very comfy but not tough enough! I've been looking at Dewalt Challenger 2s, anyone got them?

Marksman are good.
Once wore on feels like your wearing trainers.
Steel insoles & about £30.
Every pair ive had last about 2 years.

Ziggy2 Ive been through every work boot there is mate ,if you the best boot and you dont mind paying a extra few ££ have a look for "Steel blue boots " they are a Aussie boot but you can get them over here , forget timberland dewalt Caterpillar they will not last , http://www.steelblue.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=139 these boots will last trust me i have two pairs one for screeding and one for every day work use not a spilt or a crack on any of them and still got the original laces and you wont even know they are steel toe caps , i think they are about £70 but you get what you pay for in life .

ive heard that riggers are going to be banned before long hse reckon they dont give enough ankle support just what ive heard dont know if its right

i always get karrimor boots used to pay £45 for them but sports diect have them on offer for £17.99 at the min they are ankle cut like trainers

The boots I wear aren't steel toe capped but plastic capped and instead of a steel insole it's made of carbon. They also have a sole which doesn't pick up mud and a plastic covering over the toe area which is where most of my other boots have worn first. They are light and comfortable and feel as good as trainers.
Although they're not steel capped they do meet the safety standards and are allowed on site. They used to be made by a firm the name of which I can't remember but the design was bought by Dickies who make them now.
They cost about £40 and last me a good six months which I'm happy with.

Cheers guys, I've been looking at those Blue Steel ones before, thanks for the link Church, are they ok in width cos I've found the Dewalt tight if you know what I mean. I don't mind paying for quality, there is nothing worse than having boots or shoes for that matter if they're not comfy, you only get one set of feet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.