Starting up

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyseal29

Ladies/gents,
A quick question for all of those in the trade and self employed. For the past 2 years i have been plastering, this started as a bit of a DIY thing within my own home to get some practice. With alterations being made by myself through out my property i have experienced the highs and lows of learning this trade. Now that the whole house has been completely re plastered to a high standard i am looking to do some plastering jobs for friends and family. The main issue that i have is that my current job only allows me a spare couple of days every two weeks which is not enough time for me to take a plastering course within the local area as the days that i get off could be midweek or at weekends. I have been asked by friends to do some plastering work for them however where do i go from there??? with out the qualifications will customers take me seriously? i know that alot of plastering jobs come about due to word of mouth. Just really need some advice as to how i can progress not that i want to become a full time plasterer as i don't need that but it would be great if i could be doing a couple of jobs a month to input that extra bit of cash flow.:RpS_cool:

This should get interesting!! welcome to the forum by the way, i could possibly tell you what to do, but then i would have to KILL you !!! lol

Can you tell me if you used an electric or a manual tin opener to open this can of worms?

What is your day job Navyseal69?
I thought firemen had 4 days off a week. :RpS_biggrin:

Well thanks for the constructive input and no i am not a fireman. From reading other posts it looks like the best way to go about things is to work along side a experienced plasterer and see where it goes from there. I am not looking to have a full time job from this or to earn huge amounts of money.

good luck with it seals just one question who told you your plastering was to a high standard, someone else I presume.

my dad trained with the seals and the marines he was up for driving the olympic bus from beijing to "landan" he passed out in a puddle of sick and dribble after the seccond or third day haha

I am neither a bumder or a bummer thanks lol, in reply to your post Henry, yes a number of other people, none of which are related to me or friends i.e it was a estate agent.

if that was ment for me..........yes im sure to drive the bus back from beijing they had to drive through dangerous countrys so had to go on this training thing but it proved to be to much for him

ive no qualifications and I started up on my when i was pushed to do so by the bloke who taught me (he rang me one fri night and said he wanted to work by his self from monday, he had loads of money and was only wanting to only work 2 days a week, it was fcuking xmas at the time too) I went on ebay bought a transformer and drill amongst other stuff, advertised and when the jobs came in I went to work in our brand new Volvo s40, I look back now and think what must the customers have thought when they saw me taking the tools and multi out of the back of a brand new car with leather seats :rolleyes)

wen i started i had a fiesta haha but only for a couplea weeks then i moved up in the world............bought a escourt van:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.