Started This Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it common to dryline houses? I figured it was just airports and commercial.

Couldn't fancy doing it on my own though, heavy work if there is just one person.

Fairly common. The people that are having this place built, had a smaller place built next door to this one previously and had it hardwalled & skimmed. It cracked to f@ck, took weeks to dry out, and in the process, the moisture/condensation ruined all the ironmongery in the house which had to be replaced at considerable cost. That's why they've gone for drylining this time.

Fairly common. The people that are having this place built, had a smaller place built next door to this one previously and had it hardwalled & skimmed. It cracked to f@ck, took weeks to dry out, and in the process, the moisture/condensation ruined all the ironmongery in the house which had to be replaced at considerable cost. That's why they've gone for drylining this time.

Isn't that just an indication of them rushing the build though Tony?

Isn't that just an indication of them rushing the build though Tony?
I don't think so. A mate of mine project managed it, and is doing the new one too, and he is very thorough. Everything has got to be spot on with him.

The road this place is on has just about every bespoke architect designed pretentious type of property going, from Art Deco, steel and glass, mock Tudor and Georgian, amongst others, with a 5 star hotel and spar one end and a Best Western opposite!

The whole area is overvalued due to postcode and name, and granted, while individual houses are nice, the place is a mixed up jumble of over the top design, and status symbol, where money and 'better the neighbour' mentality exists.

Would I live here.....?

fookin right I would!!

The road this place is on has just about every bespoke architect designed pretentious type of property going, from Art Deco, steel and glass, mock Tudor and Georgian, amongst others, with a 5 star hotel and spar one end and a Best Western opposite!

The whole area is overvalued due to postcode and name, and granted, while individual houses are nice, the place is a mixed up jumble of over the top design, and status symbol, where money and 'better the neighbour' mentality exists.

Would I live here.....?

fookin right I would!!

Several of the older 'dated' properties on Sea Road have been sold for redevelopment, for crazy money.

View from the gym. ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1424945128.472630.jpg ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1424945141.149349.jpg thought I'd load out the boards in front of the window to make the most of the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.