Stapleing beads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peg

Have noticed a few of you guys (Danny included) talking about stapleing beads on. I thought this would save a lot of time as we normally nail them on where possible. I bought a Tacwise stapler, model Ranger 40 Duo. its like a Paslode gun without the gas. Tried to staple beads onto board but either would'nt put staple far enough in (so had to hammer them in) or staple would buckle and had to remove them.

We were using 25mm staples if thats any help

What do you guys use?

ha ha, get your self down to wickes and buy their stapler it has an adjuster nob on it., fires right through the bead.... perfect.

its only £12...lol

Danny

Cheers Danny, only problem is Wickes is very scarce up here in sunny Scotland, the nearest one is about 30 miles away. Want to try thier bonding agent anyway as we're paying top dollar for bond it. So might take a wee trip up at the weekend.

ive seen one on a site i feel to be better than that, a cimper, has a goove that slides down the bead which you hit with a hammer and crimps both sides at once trying to import one from the states at the moment.

Lee

I gripfill mine on (if time allows) Keep the beads in place with gaffertape for 24hrs. Otherwise i screw em!

Ive been stapeling beads on for a few years now. With all the metal stud going up nowadays you cant get a good fix with a nail, just bounces off, and screws dont seem to want to go all the way in. But there is a down side to stapeling too, it only takes a hammer happy chippy 2 secs to knock them off. Bring back timber stud is what I say.

Its all timber studs up here in sunny Scotland, but that bloody stapler i bought keeps buckling when it hits the bead! Stapler will go into board and wood ok but it does'nt like the beads. Can any of you give me the make and model of the staplers from Wickes, definately gonna take a trip up and buy them and also buy a rake of Bond It.

hey dudes

new here so hi

ias fot beads i have always just slapped tough coat on to the corners and then pushed the beads into the dabs of tough coat on the coner and the that gives the freedom to move th bead about until u happy it straight and flush, dont as definative as nailing or staples, always works for me and never had any problems

for what its worth, u can then just fallter the dabs into te bead and let it set for 30 mins or so, then though coat and finish to bring it out to the bead

Peg said:
Have noticed a few of you guys (Danny included) talking about stapleing beads on. I thought this would save a lot of time as we normally nail them on where possible. I bought a Tacwise stapler, model Ranger 40 Duo. its like a Paslode gun without the gas. Tried to staple beads onto board but either would'nt put staple far enough in (so had to hammer them in) or staple would buckle and had to remove them.
We were using 25mm staples if thats any help

What do you guys use?
hahhahahha hahhahhahhah hahhahahhahhah hahahahhahah hahhahahha :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
try sticky tape next.... or pritt stick.... flour and water mixed to a smoth paste might work... double sided carpet tape could be good.... as it could stick the bead and then the plaster could stick to that... just read the spec man... or go on a course

I use skimming to stick mine on ,you can make sure its straight that way,nails ,screws ,staples all seem to pull the bead ,stick it straighten it and throw on

Ive recently seen a patent for a new bead that has somthing similar to carpet gripper spikes all up the inside, like hundreds of "built in" tiny nails.

Looks like a very good idea to me.

our merchants had them in a few months back. its just a normal bead but theyve snipped it all the way along and bend the bits over, just whack it and it grips. no good on overskims though as they just flatten on the old plaster.

Peg said:
Its all timber studs up here in sunny Scotland, but that bloody stapler i bought keeps buckling when it hits the bead! Stapler will go into board and wood ok but it does'nt like the beads. Can any of you give me the make and model of the staplers from Wickes, definately gonna take a trip up and buy them and also buy a rake of Bond It.
hello new 2 forum iv been stapleing beads on metal studs 4 years i use a stanley z140 wth 14mm staples u doe get the odd bent one or standing proud the trick 2 stapleing is not 2 staple through the bead but 2 stager the the staple across the bead & through the slit in the bead & straight in 2 the board so the bead is held between the staple hope this helps ;D :eek:

The problem with stapleing beads on or any water based product, is one knock and they come off. Any decent spread would tell you to nail them in the side of the plasterboard it stops the movement..............

ukmobilenetworks said:
The problem with stapleing beads on or any water based product, is one knock and they come off. Any decent spread would tell you to nail them in the side of the plasterboard it stops the movement..............
??? ??? welcome to the forum, i think ;D

ukmobilenetworks said:

dunno bout you matae but im getting into some of these new 'polymer based' plastering products....

gripfill.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.