Stanley bades

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_spread

Private Member
They are the best brand like Bosch. Anyways, I snapped the top 2 mm off a fairly new blade while foolishly trying to use it in a 'padsaw' lol fashion and I'm feckin gutted as this also happened last November, while I have to admit I was verrrry verrrry peesed.

i have a very good freind inYarkshire (friendly with his mrs aswell) and he says he can sharpen blunt ones and get broken ones reconditioned. To cut a long CSCS story short (lol) he's obviously very tight and I don't want to mention his name cos he's prob still eating in Goa now like a black hawk down .

i need a reasonably sharp one for tomorrow

A carpet fitter gave me a big tub full of his hardly used blades last year. Im still using them!
Am i tight or got no work?

They are the best brand like Bosch. Anyways, I snapped the top 2 mm off a fairly new blade while foolishly trying to use it in a 'padsaw' lol fashion and I'm feckin gutted as this also happened last November, while I have to admit I was verrrry verrrry peesed.

i have a very good freind inYarkshire (friendly with his mrs aswell) and he says he can sharpen blunt ones and get broken ones reconditioned. To cut a long CSCS story short (lol) he's obviously very tight and I don't want to mention his name cos he's prob still eating in Goa now like a black hawk down .

You been drinking fella lol

JJ i thought you only used fire blades ?
Or is the suspension not strong enough these days?

Eddie my mate reckons roller blades are good :RpS_thumbup:

Theres a bloke up north who uses rotor blades.

Last edited:
i was cutting some steel last week with fire proofing in and you should have seen how quick it blunt the blades!!:RpS_scared: the steel without the fire proof stuff didnt even bother the blades

do ya ever nick the tip of the blade of in between the claws of a hammer or some thing , leaves a nice new sharp tip .

My old man used to sharpen his blades on the kerb stone outside where we were working even though he'd been given a pack of 100.

i was cutting some steel last week with fire proofing in and you should have seen how quick it blunt the blades!!:RpS_scared: the steel without the fire proof stuff didnt even bother the blades

Yeah stanley blades wernt really designed to cut steel ya wally:rolleyes)

I buy bulk of the market, the worst i bought were the Stanleys for plasterboard, crap.

Feck me, bloody cheapskates.. I buy boxes of 50 blades at a time from a local store (about £7). My dad used to sharpen blades as he's a tightarse lol.

your so weird !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody seen the new plasterboard cuting tool in b and the q? Looks like a roofers tool theyed use for slating, solid and they claim itll last forever? Anybody got 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.