Standard of work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Hi all

Mate of mine (fellow landlord) paid for a bedroom reskim last week. Took these pics today. Work looks rough as a bears arse. Loads of fat and water marks all over the place. Do you think it will paint up ok for him?? Gutted as i cud have done a better job for him. Paid £250 for room to be skimmed so its not like he was some £60 a day man,

Cut the photo down in size so house cannot be identified :RpS_sneaky:

Attachments

• works.jpg
    works.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 396
does nt look the best does it,water marks arnt too much of a problem and it depends how thick some of the fat is as it will dry powdery,the best thing to do is give it a sand then prime it thats when you will know 250 quid its a joke

I suppose to be fair to the guy who did it and can not speak for himself it depends on how good the walls was to start with. Water marks and fat is just sloppy finishing thats all and maybe more suction then he wanted and used a lot of water to control the set.

Went to 2 houses last week, both customers had problems with work they had done.I had calls from both but neither would wait for me to finish other work i had booked in. Unless its an A1 finish it always shows when painted. If your paying out money the plaster shouldnt need sanding prior to decoration.

Went to 2 houses last week, both customers had problems with work they had done.I had calls from both but neither would wait for me to finish other work i had booked in.

So........they haven't learned much have they? Sounds like they are just gonna rush in again........

is it just computer that showing the skim as grey that looks like a wall someone might phone us up for to skim over as its yonks old and looks terrible

Just look at the pic again and it's rough internal angles shite angle shite what can you say.

"Paid £250 for room to be skimmed so its not like he was some £60 a day man"

Think your wrong there Windy, i think he was a £60 a day man charging £250 prices!

Looks like a one coat job that's pulled in a bit quick so he's had to use a fair amount of water to make it look summat like!:RpS_thumbdn:
He shouldve used a spongefloat:RpS_laugh:

ok your all right i probably should have put a 2nd coat on or perhaps pvad before i started skimmin with my bonding!:RpS_crying:

Its easy to criticise other peoples work , i avoid it at all costs , everyone has different standards and as we all know evry job is different , having said that , i couldnt re skim a room for £ 250 so i think its a cheap job , bit of rubbing down and Roberts your brothers brother

its always hard to really gauge how bad plasering is in pics from a distance and not close up but that does look a very odd coular

Try giving it a mist coat you will be surprised what paint can cover if it still looks s*** then get the guy to come back with a sanding pole and some easy fill. Mind you the internal does look a bit near the mark.
Different thread I know but I have just lost £2000.00 worth of work, one a plaster and paint job, they are going to do the painting themselves and the other one remove some cracked render and re render , they are going to try to put screws along the cracks to stop the render falling off. Both gave reasons of monies tight.
Proper price for a room re skim is around £350.00 ( i,e bedroom ceiling and walls) sounds like your mates' got the same problem, there just an't no money about !

Its easy to criticise other peoples work , i avoid it at all costs , everyone has different standards and as we all know evry job is different , having said that , i couldnt re skim a room for £ 250 so i think its a cheap job , bit of rubbing down and Roberts your brothers brother

So Robert is your other brother then.

i had a so called spread do some skimming for me a month or so ago.said he`d been in the game for years so gave him around 180m2 of skimming @ £4m2.he done about 2 thirds of it then said he had another job to start so could`nt finish it.when i went to inspect what he`d done.it was shocking.he skimmed about 6 inch`s of the floor,also it was like a ski jump at the bottom.the reveals were why out of square and brush marks every where.when i pulled him on it,he said the money was s**t so he had to rush it!!tosser never got paid

£4 a square metre? that a lot better than what most pay! I love rough plasterers, gets me loads of work, had this one job where the builder said he could plaster to the punter. So they gave him some artex ceilings to skim. He didnt scrape, bond whatever you fancy the artex and his work looked like the UK's roads at the moment. Loads of pot holes all over, i couldnt help but laugh at this, though the customer wasnt laughing with me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.