Standard for carbon

John j

Mono Don
This rust standard for carbon . I dry it and give it a spray of oil when I remember. Should I be doing it every night . You know what it's like at end of shift tools in van and away.
Also am I right to think carbon take longer to break but hold their shape better then stainless

@Gibbo is your man john , tbh I've heard linseed oil is what u want to rub on it after a quick dry I've not tried it though as haven't had time to get some sand all your rust off today and dry it after finish work if you have some wd40 spray that on for tonight

Was meant to uoad pics. Cheers

Attachments

• 20170926_135041_001.jpg
    20170926_135041_001.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 261
  • 20170926_135033.jpg
    20170926_135033.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 275
This rust standard for carbon . I dry it and give it a spray of oil when I remember. Should I be doing it every night . You know what it's like at end of shift tools in van and away.
Also am I right to think carbon take longer to break but hold their shape better then stainless
The old boys wrapped theirs in an oil soaked rag after use as do I with mine and no rust just the smell of oil so long as your using daily

I've always hung my trowels on rack or back door next to an oily rag and a dry towel. Put it there end of shift and dry off , there is a cup with wd40 screwed to the door and it gets sprayed on a Friday .

Attachments

• IMG_3286.JPG
    IMG_3286.JPG
    902 KB · Views: 240
I've always hung my trowels on rack or back door next to an oily rag and a dry towel. Put it there end of shift and dry off , there is a cup with wd40 screwed to the door and it gets sprayed on a Friday .

I use to do that.... but never had a trowel thats not stainless :-( Hoping that to change at some point