Staining patterns on external wall with JUB solid wall insulation system

Members online

Arthur49

I'm not actually a plasterer, I just came here hoping for some advice. We had a solid wall insulation system applied to the side of our house 6 years ago. It was rendered with a silicone-based render before painting. This winter regular, rectangular staining has appeared on the surface. Would this be a cosmetic problem only - or the sign of something more fundamentally wrong with the insulation system and dampness trapped beneath? The system is supposed to have a 25 year guarantee. Grateful for any thoughts.

Attachments

• A99285D6-3779-4FB3-B768-B6FA6E061655.jpeg
    A99285D6-3779-4FB3-B768-B6FA6E061655.jpeg
    808.7 KB · Views: 232
that doesnt look like its been painted.
if you have painted it what paint have you used?

we use jub every day and ive never seen a pattern like that before.

dont get me wrong every render will gather dirt but will all wash off.

can you send picture of whole house and area you live?

Agree all houses wil need a small easy clean , I seen algae on everything even silicone finish , just yesterday I went to quote at this house as we are re rendering the property first thing I noticed was the algae on the bricks
1906773A-67FA-4346-8D77-A3300F2CAB37.jpeg

that doesnt look like its been painted.
if you have painted it what paint have you used?

we use jub every day and ive never seen a pattern like that before.

dont get me wrong every render will gather dirt but will all wash off.

can you send picture of whole house and area you live?
Thanks for your reply. Here's another picture of the side of the house which might give you a clearer idea. I don't understand why the markings are so high up and why its forming in this rectangular pattern. But you are right, it's not been painted, the company said the coloured render they were using would be enough and we wouldn't need to paint on top of that. Is this wrong? If I jetwashed this and then painted would that solve the problem do you think? I'm just worried that the system might have failed and there might be damp on the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_7375.jpeg
    IMG_7375.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 205
It’s the insulation bleeding through, it looks a pretty shite job from what I can see, chances are it’s gaps in the boarding work they filled it with render instead of expanding insulation foam and that’s the result of thermal bridging. Or they’ve used phenolic boards robbed from a social housing project used them and the boards have quilted if that’s the case it’s f ucked

I'm not actually a plasterer, I just came here hoping for some advice. We had a solid wall insulation system applied to the side of our house 6 years ago. It was rendered with a silicone-based render before painting. This winter regular, rectangular staining has appeared on the surface. Would this be a cosmetic problem only - or the sign of something more fundamentally wrong with the insulation system and dampness trapped beneath? The system is supposed to have a 25 year guarantee. Grateful for any thoughts.
Your in good company, not many actual plasterers on here mate.