SPS Envirowall silicone topcoat

jacko

anybody having issues with the above,
done a small job with this and it wouldn't set
3 days later it washed of the wall
rep blamed the damp n wet weather, but weather was fine the day applied and the next
had to order more material, and this time they sold me the winter additive
put on last Saturday, all was fine on Sunday although still wet and hanging, however on the Monday a few run and slides appeared, revisited site and patched in okay as material was still soft, you would have thought I had only just put it on
made a make shift cover and blow a gas space heater over it for 8 hours until the shine had come off and it was touch dry when we left
the costumer phoned on the Thursday to say it was running off again
rep went to site on the Friday and called to say it was coming off all over the wall
said he would look into it

had to scrape the whole lot off the wall earlier today
the material on the outside was touch dry but as soon as you get in behind the skin its soft and still wet
and this was with the winter additive

Humidity is high at the moment but that's taking the piss. Is it a bigger aggregate? 2-3 mm?

I had a similar problem a few weeks but not as bad as what you've experienced the only thing I could think of was the dampness in the air as the backing coat had dried properly and we had a few runs a couple of days later but parts or what we had textured was still wet to touch, maybe a problem at source, I have used there winter additive before but didn't think it accelerated the drying process much

yes, should have said 3mm, job just outside Edinburgh, weather was as close to summer as we get
sat/sun/ mon and Tuesday no rain or frost day temp 14-16 degrees little rain on the Wednesday nothing on thurday

I've had this with 3mm at this time of year in the past. Cost me a nearly a grand to put it right. Won't use it now unless it's summer time.

anybody having issues with the above,
done a small job with this and it wouldn't set
3 days later it washed of the wall
rep blamed the damp n wet weather, but weather was fine the day applied and the next
had to order more material, and this time they sold me the winter additive
put on last Saturday, all was fine on Sunday although still wet and hanging, however on the Monday a few run and slides appeared, revisited site and patched in okay as material was still soft, you would have thought I had only just put it on
made a make shift cover and blow a gas space heater over it for 8 hours until the shine had come off and it was touch dry when we left
the costumer phoned on the Thursday to say it was running off again
rep went to site on the Friday and called to say it was coming off all over the wall
said he would look into it

had to scrape the whole lot off the wall earlier today
the material on the outside was touch dry but as soon as you get in behind the skin its soft and still wet
and this was with the winter additive
That's s**t mate.
Jub do a winter formula.havent used it yet but have heard good things
@Dansouthcoast84

The humidity needs to 80% max. Being 3 mm would not have helped, that a lot of thickness to dry out.

Not just the temps, the humidity is important. I don't do bucket coats at thos time of year although I had to do a Jub job with their additive in late November and damp air. Next day it appeared dry to the touch and it got rained on after 3 days with no problems. It was the 1.5mm.

Pity it wasnt Ivory their mineral would have set in 3 hours.

I know this is an oldish thread but I've had the same problem today, last Thursday was a good dry day so was Friday so decided to texture this job using winter additive, got to work today to mastic up and final clean and it's washed off, Friday there wasn't a cloud in the sky and there was a nice breeze which I thought bonus, got in touch with my rep and they've given me some right bullshit about using my hydrometer and it's my own fault but they had other guys on the phone saying the same thing I wouldn't mind but it was on a good 36 hours before it rained, suppliers f**k me right off its as if they give you the bullshit with the back up they offer then when things head south they try washing their hands and claim deniability the c**ts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think looking at the bigger picture this work is almost impossible to finish this time of year.
Covered scaffold seems the only option I reckon

I think looking at the bigger picture this work is almost impossible to finish this time of year.
Covered scaffold seems the only option I reckon
I think your right mate, buy some debris netting and put it on our selves when we're protecting the Windows,doors, floors ect take it off before the scaff comes down and reuse on the next job, if the scaffolders put this on they charge a fortune the thieving bastards

It might appear to have dried but it is only the surface that has dried. Behind that surface is still wet. If the rain can break the surface then it is off.

Above 80% humidity forget it unless you can cover up for a week or two or three. Heat loss through walls helps.

I checked there winter additive data sheet earlier and they said it can be used up to 95% humidity, just waiting for their reply now just out of interest does anyone else use a hydrometer?

The only hope is carefull planing and luck , I am afraid. Look at the forecast for the whole week and choose the best 3 days. After applying the top coat , say your pray at leat 6 times a day!. I did quite few jobs last winter and thehumidity was in my favour-helped for great finish by giving you more time. Never used primer during the winter.

I checked there winter additive data sheet earlier and they said it can be used up to 95% humidity, just waiting for their reply now just out of interest does anyone else use a hydrometer?

A good weather app will tell you relative humidity in the area your working in. Obviously a hydrometer would be more precise though as in the exact vicinity.

Just looking at an app I've got for today and it's showing 93% and the Weathers been this s**t for weeks. Maybe it was still very humid even though the weather was dry because of all the water rising from the sodden ground with evaporation.

Got caught out before crimbo with the nano lesson learnt only use winter mix or don't do in winter

The only hope is carefull planing and luck , I am afraid. Look at the forecast for the whole week and choose the best 3 days. After applying the top coat , say your pray at leat 6 times a day!. I did quite few jobs last winter and thehumidity was in my favour-helped for great finish by giving you more time. Never used primer during the winter.

You a Muslim? Praying once a day is enough.

Hi, I'm doing a self build and have had a couple of prices come in for silica on to render board. One of them is using this enviro wall product. Would you avoid this or is there better products to use? One has priced using Baumit, which is approved on the Resistant carrier board but is more expensive. I don't mind paying a bit more if the product is better or are they much of a muchness and its down to the above humidity?

Hi, I'm doing a self build and have had a couple of prices come in for silica on to render board. One of them is using this enviro wall product. Would you avoid this or is there better products to use? One has priced using Baumit, which is approved on the Resistant carrier board but is more expensive. I don't mind paying a bit more if the product is better or are they much of a muchness and its down to the above humidity?
There are better products out there mate, and as a company there installer support is pure shite any problems and its installer fault and problem, I'd recommend Jub any day of the week it's not the cheapest product on the market but it's good gear and the back up is second to none

There are better products out there mate, and as a company there installer support is pure shite any problems and its installer fault and problem, I'd recommend Jub any day of the week it's not the cheapest product on the market but it's good gear and the back up is second to none

Totally agree Jub all day long,that's what I use on timber frames (carrier boards)and never had any problem and 10 year warranty fantastic back up service

Totally agree Jub all day long,that's what I use on timber frames (carrier boards)and never had any problem and 10 year warranty fantastic back up service
Just like to add I get through a good amount of their JLM base coat and can't remember having a single dud bag, I'd hazard a guess and say for every pallet of Sps I've had you could possibly have up to 5 duds where the gear was shite and wouldn't spread 1 bad bag in a mix and the mix is fcuked causing major headaches

Just like to add I get through a good amount of their JLM base coat and can't remember having a single dud bag, I'd hazard a guess and say for every pallet of Sps I've had you could possibly have up to 5 duds where the gear was shite and wouldn't spread 1 bad bag in a mix and the mix is fcuked causing major headaches

Same mate, and I've use s**t loads of it. I mainly use there nano 1.5 top coat too brilliant stuff

I have used SPS Envirowall silicone a few times. Not the best stuff to use but once on it dried ok.

Jub is good. Johnstones is good too.

Nano is Self cleaning silicone, not regular silicone difference again in the price
It's my own house and I'm not looking at moving for a long time so I don't mind spending the money if it's better gear.
I was just suspicious when the guy who priced using the Baumit completely slated the enviorowall. I wanted to get a nutral opinion as his price was more. I normally work to the buy cheap buy twice rule of thumb but I have paid good money for s**t in the past.

It's my own house and I'm not looking at moving for a long time so I don't mind spending the money if it's better gear.
I was just suspicious when the guy who priced using the Baumit completely slated the enviorowall. I wanted to get a nutral opinion as his price was more. I normally work to the buy cheap buy twice rule of thumb but I have paid good money for s**t in the past.

Baumit is good sh*t I'd pay the extra and go with that.

I have used several of SPS Emvirowall's and find it all good but as said using their silicone is not the best to apply but certainly no problem once it is on.