Spreading peace!

Members online

Hello! New to the site and new to plastering. I really enjoy painting and was told by my partner to give plastering a go.
To start off I got myself some tools and got a hand to screw plaster board sheets to walls. Watched the usual youtube videos and found myself having a blast. I enjoy the physical side. It's such an art. Anyway after I got the hang of that I started patch plastering. Been working away plastering what I can and am taking a two week course soon. I can't wait to do more. Im feeling very confident but I'd like to do more. I saw a guy on here offering his services for free where he lived to professionals in his area. I was thinking after my course of calling around the businesses and seeing if anyone will take me on jobs. I work in finance and one day in the future once I know I can make the best job I'd love to get into this field of work. I actually feel like I can be good at something it has taken me a long time to hear someone say "your actually good at that" very proud!
Would love any advice from anyone willing to share.

Thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm in Dundee Scotland. I have three sons. Partner is an electrician running his own business and his dad has a painting and decorating business. My mum was s single parent and is very hands on when it comes to diy. She is 70 and painting her bedroom as we speak and all her furniture. I have never had someone paint my house until I met my partner I have always done everything myself. It' no way perfect but I take great satisfaction in my own work. I have had my partners work friends comment on my work when visiting the house. So I thought why not give this ago. It' physical work it makes me really happy. I can may be one day be very good at it with time and practice. This could make me money. I'd love one day if I had my own businesse for the boys to decide it was mum's trade they would like to do they have plenty of options available.

I don't mind dirty. I have lots of energy. I look after myself. I'
Sorry you find your trade grim. Most people don't enjoy the job they are doing. I find sitting at a desk especially grim.
Thank you

Sorry you find your trade grim. Most people don't enjoy the job they are doing. I find sitting at a desk especially grim.
Thank you
I love my job, but that's just the way the job is, when I say grim I mean it's rough work

Thank you
Oh dear Quagmire Marshy needs to get to know you better lol

@Jade Crawford don't take everything to heart we are a friendly bunch it's just banter. Ask @JessThePlasterer who had a torrid time to begin with but stuck to her guns bless her. We get a lot of wind up merchants too but genuine stuff we are are more than happy to help out. You seem a good egg chuck so I'l help you out any way I can
I'm still having a torrid time..... awful bunch of people..... just awful..... ;)
:boxeador: :LOL:

@Jade Crawford don't take everything to heart we are a friendly bunch it's just banter. Ask @JessThePlasterer who had a torrid time to begin with but stuck to her guns bless her. We get a lot of wind up merchants too but genuine stuff we are are more than happy to help out. You seem a good egg chuck so I'l help you out any way I can

Marshy I'm something of a smart arse myself don' worry about me.:bailando::bananahappy:

Thank you tho :birra:

A wee update from me. I contacted a guy today that' been running his business for a long time. Has the best reputation. I told him about my course and he asked me to phone back Monday to meet him on a job during the week at s cottage he has been working on. I'm over the moon.

A wee update from me. I contacted a guy today that' been running his business for a long time. Has the best reputation. I told him about my course and he asked me to phone back Monday to meet him on a job during the week at s cottage he has been working on. I'm over the moon.
Brilliant best of luck and I mean that sincerely

Nice one!