Spraying two passes

cjs

Hi all
Ritmo users

I'm just wondering how you other machine guys spray your two passes,ie do you spray through one or two lifts with the first pass then back up to do a second pass, or do you just spray a lift at a time .
firstly spray right to the end of the lift and back to the beginning again for the second,so to avoid the hassle of all the up and down the lifts.

Couple of reasons I ask is sometimes my sprayer struggles to get the depth,he seems to think the feather edge is a f**k**g magic wond.
And there's hollows everywhere,I try to explain to him to keep to an even pace when he's moving with the gun,but some how he starts fine then he goes fast then slow so I'm getting different amount of gear on the wall which make it bloody hard.
What sort of depths do you aim for on your first passes and again do you complete a lift first the go back on yourself to the beginning,or do you say do a 6-8 ft section first and second.

Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Hi all
Ritmo users

I'm just wondering how you other machine guys spray your two passes,ie do you spray through one or two lifts with the first pass then back up to do a second pass, or do you just spray a lift at a time .
firstly spray right to the end of the lift and back to the beginning again for the second,so to avoid the hassle of all the up and down the lifts.

Couple of reasons I ask is sometimes my sprayer struggles to get the depth,he seems to think the feather edge is a f**k**g magic wond.
And there's hollows everywhere,I try to explain to him to keep to an even pace when he's moving with the gun,but some how he starts fine then he goes fast then slow so I'm getting different amount of gear on the wall which make it bloody hard.
What sort of depths do you aim for on your first passes and again do you complete a lift first the go back on yourself to the beginning,or do you say do a 6-8 ft section first and second.

Any advice appreciated
Thanks
spend the time to spray with him mate ,long term you will both gain from it

spend the time to spray with him mate ,long term you will both gain from it

I do keithuk but he gets his head up his ass a lot when I keep going on at him then sulks so it doesn't get any better,he always says to me with attitude "I always say if you can get someone else to spray then do it"
When he gets paid £25k a year off me I expect him to be good by now.
But he's 100% reliable and trustworthy which is so hard to come by so I just put up with it.

I do keithuk but he gets his head up his ass a lot when I keep going on at him then sulks so it doesn't get any better,he always says to me with attitude "I always say if you can get someone else to spray then do it"
But he's 100% reliable and trustworthy which is so hard to come by so I just put up with it.
Get him to rule off , you spray , spray good then s**t ! He will see then ! , I spray 80% and rule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cjs

I know how you feel. Show him some youtube vids with good spraying.

Can he rule? If he can then you spray. If these useless sprayers had to rule off their own bad spraying they would soon sort themselvses out.

Reactions: cjs
Depends on the size or area, but spray first pass over area, then come back on my self, always 2 passes, pushing 2omm of gear on a wall is madness.

It's not going to bad lads I dropped the speed down to 8 on the machine and it's ok still a bit hit and miss for him though but better than before.

I usually 1 pass because I really don't like dragging pipes around and don't find the ruling much hassle. But for you lot that 2 pass how are you leaving your first pass. Ruled or just troweled? And are you dropping the whole elevation or just a lift at a time. And do you spray wetter because of this.?

I usually 1 pass because I really don't like dragging pipes around and don't find the ruling much hassle. But for you lot that 2 pass how are you leaving your first pass. Ruled or just troweled? And are you dropping the whole elevation or just a lift at a time. And do you spray wetter because of this.?
I normall spray on top of a base coat so one pass and I rule it's fine,but the block work on this job was done by steve e wonder.
It varies up to nearly 12mm and that's just over a 1100 window angle bead:frenetico:
So we base coated but have still had to do two passes,but as they are only small we are spraying the first pass down the whole elevation then back up as it's still wet.
And the build is full of weep vents too,which are a complete c:cry:nt

Weep vent get a swift kick when I'm spraying
We normally just get a mallet or chop um off with a trowel as there normally only out 5-10 on a good day.
But this job is being done through a garuntee company so they come and inspect.
Can you imagine if they came down and said where's the weep vents:hola:
I'd get proper:bananas:

It's not going to bad lads I dropped the speed down to 8 on the machine and it's ok still a bit hit and miss for him though but better than before.
We're spraying at speed 7 at the minute Chris
2 coats of gp mortar @ 8mm each
I like my bands tidy ready to rule off(y)

We're spraying at speed 7 at the minute Chris
2 coats of gp mortar @ 8mm each
I like my bands tidy ready to rule off(y)
Cheers rob
We noticed today before we started spraying that the spray cap (coned one)
Was worn it still looked new but the hole had to be about 16mm lol.
To the point that I made sure it was a ten and it said ten on it,must be all that hard wall we sprayed with it.
Anyway chucked it away put a new one on and all nice and tidy again on the ribbon at speed 8:bailando: