Spraying site mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPlaster

Private Member
Learning curve yet again! Gun nozzle kept blocking but soon sorted it with one I had, different from namby pamby bagged render though, it was like the old days.

Fine & soft sand 6:1:1 bit of water proofer. It don't spray aswell as bagged gear but it aint bad and miles cheaper on the right job, cost cutting exercise.

16 kva, no not in one coat, it's dry dash so scratch then top. The sand isn't graded enough to be sure with one coat but it horses it on.

You can still mix mono and put it through them couldn't you? How messy is it compared to mono

With the spray cap being a bit different its actually cleaner to spray but you do have to spend half an hour cleaning an open pump system where everything is wet with mortar, this is a pain at the end of a day, the same as a diesel pump. With a G4 and bagged product it takes a short time to wash up and get gear loaded on to secure van but you have to buy material from expensive source. Site mix is cheap though.

Mcplaster is the generator a towable jobby? Loads of machines on eBay at the mo Inc a ritmo....there's a g5 too that looks a good buy

No it's a genplus systems, hit a bad patch of sand today so cap was bloccking a lot, took the gun off and wolloped the last section on by hand just pumped it up scaffold, easy enough. The g5 is cheap at that money, the ritmo says it's 240v but the picture is a 110v powercoat without compressor, bit strange, I want a utiform v3 for screed though.

After tomorrow got nothing on much anyway for any machines, bit of a tidy up at lock up and a few pints with the boys in witherspoons!

Tooted the boys outside Witherspoons today while they were having a fag, haven't seen them for a long time, funny as! I couldn't handle that!

No Blones **** all, thought I had March sussed but It fell through, I've been mending nets and waiting for a call that hasn't come. Looking into the Warmwall systems around this way with the marmorit rep whilst I have the time, he's pushing the noblo and autol instead of conni for some reason. It'll all come at once again I suppose, perhaps!

Thats what marmorit are pushing now, and spraying it is top of their bill. I am doing a demo in Bristol for them next friday just spraying topcoat.

Work.. been quiet meself but got no mojo either. just been offered a lump of k rend in merthyr. can i be bothered ?? its an hour away!!

because
a, conni is £50 a bucket noblo is £20 a bag noblo goes further
b, Noblo sets in the winter time unlike conni which can wash off after 5 days if its cold enough
c, you still paint the base with conni so its the same work but in reverse
d, You can stock noblo because if you over order a colour it dont matter because it gets painted. conni gets shelved and never used again like mono
e, its easier to use and when painted looks more uniform than conni

plus a few other things

I tried sp260 5mm this week. it like noblo with 5mm grain. well impressed its like a roughcast but flattened down

Did you spray it or hand apply must feel a bit weird that's massive lol I like the bigger grains they seem easier to finish

not laced. The whole thing as a thick texture that looks like roughcast but its flat. I have seen laced but its not like that.
I put it on by hand jenks. No machine could handle that 5mm grain. Tried my hopper gun and that blocked

I believe the reason they push it is because it is cheaper/better for them.
In my opinion when you use conni when your done you are done, using noblo and painting it is saving next to nothing on materials but the labour cost is more as you have to re mask etc etc.

This in turn pushes the price up.

In cold weather they produce a conni which sets much quicker then the standard gear

conni is £7 a m2 noblo is £1.50 m2 you need to prime the base with the equalising (£1 m2) paint before conni or you paint the noblo after its done. so the labour is excactly the same.

how many buckets of stupid colour conni that were over ordered you got in your stores Rich that will never get used. What happens if you are 2 buckets short on a job using conni ? you have to order them and wait a week at least and maybe pay delivery.
With noblo you can get hold of any colour to get the job finished

as an eg on a much bigger scale I did a demo at woodman brothers the other day and their yard was practically rammed with buckets of topcoat renders that will never be used. must be over a 1000 buckets on pallets outside In reality they could use a yard a 1/5 the size they have and skip the buckets of topcoat which are prob frostfucked anyway. They wouldnt have that amount of useless stock with noblo and they could rent a cheaper smaller yard

Status
Not open for further replies.