Spraying primers, silicone paints etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Totally fed up with getting the roller out.

We have quite a few large projects on so was thinking in investing in a decent airless sprayer that will do the job well.

Any ideas or recommends fellas??

Pft do the samba range rich....plenty from Wagner etc. have you considered a hopper with your compressor? Refina do a decent hopper/gun for not much dough

I borrowed a Wagner the other day and it did a fantastic job for about ten minutes then it kept blocking up. Probably due to the nossle bring the wrong size.

There seem to be so many machines in the Wagner range I'm not sure which one would do the job.
I'm hoping to buy a machine that someone on here has that will do the job with minimal fuss, maintainance etc

airless sprayers are extremely quick, normally spray and have someone backrolling behind with a dry roller. The medium samba is a good size to move about

airless sprayers are extremely quick, normally spray and have someone backrolling behind with a dry roller. The medium samba is a good size to move about

Struggling to see the point in having an airless if some one gotta use a roller behind !

Was reading some stuff from graco and they say one of their airless machines will spray 1.5mm texture paint. Im guessing this includes acylic. Anyone know how well it works?

Struggling to see the point in having an airless if some one gotta use a roller behind !
The ovespray is a problem externally, so ur meant to use low pressure to just cover the wall and thenback roll it for even coverage. Thats what they do with paintso im guessing primers too

The over spray outside can be a nitemare i sprayed the tyro on my own house 4 years ago and while windows and doors etc were all ok it is the wind/breeze you have to be more aware of ! My black car which was 25 to 30 metres away around a corner ended up with devon cream spots on the boot !!! :RpS_unsure: so obviously now i can see why low pressure spraying and a roller behind would be the way to go

I was looking at a graco that was part airless part air from an inboard compressor it says overspray is kept to a minimum

Thats a air assisted airless. It does give less over spray however its still present so as raggles has mentioned if there is any chance of wind its risky. Its far easyer to use at low pressure and back roll.

Thats the advise a few of the decent airless decs gave me who have been doing it years.

if you need to do some touching up you can just roller it in. if you sprayed it you will have a different texture to the paint and it can flash unless you spray it which is a pain for a small patch

i use a graco 495 & titan 440 with a cleanshot valve on the gun and the same tip they use to spray lines on the road. very little overspray u can also use a spray shield

ps prob no point back rolling for primer had noblo with paint in mind

Hi Rich, I have the numbers for both Graco and Wagner UK Managers if you need them. My advice is the same as when we sell PFT machines, get them to prove to you that it does exactly what you need !
Then play with it yourself and make your own mind up.
There are some really cheap versions about, but with all things in life ' you get what you pay for '

Depends on the out put of the machine but for emulsion we spray with a 517 and i reckon that would be good for acrylic primer

Hi, for acrylic primer you would want a 10th to 12th tip depending on brand. If this is all you want to spray, then a small unit such as a Graco ST Max 395 would be more than big enough. However, if you want to spray thicker products such as projection plaster, or intumescent paints, you will need a much larger unit such as a Graco UtraMax 1095 or Mark Max V. Used correctly, you should not need to back roller, most painters don't. As I work for Graco I am of course biased towards Graco machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.