Spraying Knauf mp finish

RoyalBlue

How's it going lads I've got a large run of new builds coming up and I am considering getting a ritmo and using mp finish as reading on here spraying multi is a big no no. Can anyone tell me what the mp finish is like to spray and how to best go about it. Theres me, another spread and a lab just want to get them smashed out for maximum coin!

Is it all onto board?

Have you thought of using a Knauf Ready Mixed Plaster instead?

Where are you based? If you are interested in Ready Mixed Plaster instead, I can get someone to contact you to explain better.....

Good luck
Richard Lord
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk

Thanks for the reply
No not thought about ready mixed at all. Ive managed to convince the builder to let me use mp finish through a machine and he will supply the materials as long as we can find a stockist local preferably where he already has an account. Were based in the West Midlands. Itll be first time using a machine so expecting a steep learning curve!

I spoke to one of the Knauf reps about 18 months ago when we were doin houses with mp and he said it's not worth using a machine on houses it's more suited to commercial work.also spraying the gear on doesn't mean you can magically trowel up twice as much as you used too! I was considering it more as a labour saving excersise making it easier to put on I hope someone can tell me different because I quite fancy using a machine to apply but it's a lot of money to lay out if it's not suited to this kind of work

Is it all onto board?

Have you thought of using a Knauf Ready Mixed Plaster instead?

Where are you based? If you are interested in Ready Mixed Plaster instead, I can get someone to contact you to explain better.....

Good luck
Richard Lord
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk
Is that for airless Richard? Do you still have to pre-fill the joints and beads? Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ive watched some videos on you tube of a firm blasting 200+ metre guages currier plastering i think it was thats what caught my attention and as long as it doesn't cause us to be slower I thought it'd be good to get some practice on it ready for the bigger jobs and the rendering jobs
Would it beneficial if I had less blokes or more?

Spraying finish with a Ritmo only really works in commercial settings or big houses. You can put more on with mp finish as it has a longer set time.

Ready mix is the way to go in houses. It's quick, clean and the finish is better. You can rake lights over it and it looks flawless.

If your not keen on ready mix then a Ritmo is better then hand but it is messier and will take a while to get you head around it. I would rent or buy a small conveying pump like the eze to try it all first.

If you spay mp finish I would recommend pre filling your tapered edges first and allow them to set. You won't get telegraphing then

Royal blue, as Currier has suggested the Ready Mixed plaster is a much cleaner application and is done using Airless piston pump technology (Paint Spraying) you don't work the material like you would for MP Finish, it is spray flatten and move on, you do this process twice and even allowing for this it is much quicker. We moved away from spraying MP Finish because it is messy and we have a cleaner solution. If you want to discuss send me your details and i'll ask our guy in the Midlands to contact you.

Cheers for all the advice I like the look of the airless ready mix however the spec on the houses is gypsum am I right in believing the airless isn't? It's something I'll look into for my own private work I think, I do a few rendering jobs too so thought the ritmo will be a good investment as good all rounder.

Ritmo is brilliant all rounder,it the spraying skim that hasn't been proven. If you'd like a demo on the ritmo please give me a call. Ill be happy to arrange that

Machine aside MP finish is a very different plaster to thistle... different method, different finish...