Spraying in eaves

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you mean spraying base coat or top coat or both, but for the top coat I use one of the window cills off cut and move along. Works a treat.

If it was too time consuming I would hand apply around the eaves then spray the rest.

Sometimes the eaves are so dirty tape will not stick.
These eaves have tongue and groove boarding are already decorated!
Was considering spraying upto rafter feet then hand applying into the eaves but as you know mono can be a s**t to get on into these areas by hand.

What I have done is cut an antiknox template which slides into the eaves covering everything but the back of the fascia, I used that template to cut all the others for one side of the building, I'm then hoping I can slide them out when complete and put them in the other side of the building, which then should be half hour masking.

Its the swing gun. Not used it yet. Was but it got political.

I will be using when the timing is right, soon I hope.

I sprayed a 70m2 bungalow on my own in under 3 hours. Fiddly job too but It was absolutely stress free. I find hand balling bucket coat very stressful.

Masking up half hour tops. In the other 2.5 hrs you can spray 100m.
Just get better at masking and you will reap the benefit.
I have used mould release oil on some jobs but never for eves timbers

Masking up half hour tops. In the other 2.5 hrs you can spray 100m.
Just get better at masking and you will reap the benefit.
I have used mould release oil on some jobs but never for eves timbers
If you can mask these up in half hour mate I'd be impressed.
11m run with rafter feet 400mm apart on top of that you have to squeeze between lifts with the top lift only a ft below gutter.
You need the patience of a saint mate.
It's done now anyway, well I hope so, there is some suspect frost damage so maybe a redo ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.