spraying finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnyman

Speaking to another plasterer ive worked with a few times he has just got a machine he called it m100 does he mean mtec100? He has got it for spraying finish, now the thing that interested me was his boys are workin with BG this week or are trainin with them im not sure what he was on about, anyway he says BG have a spray finishing plaster which is new and hes been offered 50 bags as a trial is he on about projection plaster or have BG developed a new spray finishing plaster? Has anyone else heard anything?

Just looked at the vid it is a m100 but im more interested in the finish they are developing or has he fell for the machine speal?

No this is true Flinn. BG have developed a projection spray skim. Tell him to take the bags it will be interesting

Wow this is big news indeed........has anyone(les) been involved in it's development? Think I might invent my own machine for a slice of the pie like init. Now where's that dyson.....

bg rang me last week saying they had a gang and were travelling about doing demos and could they do a day with me on my job to show local guy's ... bloody typical we had just finished the insides and were rendering at the time!

Maybe they have developed a plaster that can go on thick (like mp45) as well as thin like skim.

Ad if they havent they should do, and if they do they can pay me cos that was my idea :)

So, do i remeber people on here shouting about machines not catching on, but now even the biggest plaster supplier in the uk is now having to buckle under the force of the machine world. maybe knauf are hurting them more than we know.

i think fanny will have a machine sooooooooooon, i personally wouldnt have gone for a m100 though, 6k just for a skim machine is over priced. i would have gone more for the little ritmo, with that you can spray backing plasters, thincoats outside, renders. the list is endless.

So, do i remeber people on here shouting about machines not catching on, but now even the biggest plaster supplier in the uk is now having to buckle under the force of the machine world. maybe knauf are hurting them more than we know.

i think fanny will have a machine sooooooooooon, i personally wouldnt have gone for a m100 though, 6k just for a skim machine is over priced. i would have gone more for the little ritmo, with that you can spray backing plasters, thincoats outside, renders. the list is endless.

Gotta lot of rendering jobs coming in so might just surprise you and get one lol Yeh gotta agree i wouldnt get a machine that just sprays finish i would get one that does the lot, he got it for 5 grand i think some kind of deal. He bought a mtec300 (the one i used last year) for £2000 and sold it a few weeks later for £2500 after spending around £500 so got his money back. He also has another pump a big un which he uses for flow screed which seems to be picking up.

Flinny, why dont you pay for the training with one of the dealers here and then hire a machine for a job. I would not just hire out the equipment to anyone without training however it would benefit you to have the training up to the point you can use a machine and all the equipment, then you could hire a machine and use it in a site enviroment. You would have the full back up of any PFT dealers by phone to get you going asap if you hit a snag on site. We can refer back to the training and help you define where you have gone wrong.

You would benefit by using the machine and seeing the difference it makes to your work and decide if its beneficial to buy one and if you just dont think its for you then you finish the hire and go back to traditional ways safe in the knowledge you know it wasnt your fault it didnt happen for you.

You will never go back though if we brainwash you properly

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM hire one might be an idea whats the cost to hire? How much is the trainin but to be honest i would rather come and stay at your house for a week and get you to teach me xxx

we charge 250 for a day's training onsite plus fuel and hotel cost is over night due to distance is needed. you get a certificate stating that you can operate a machine in a safe and proficient way. We think every company will start asking to see such a certificate in the future to stop complete idiots playing with 415v of machine without any training.

Would it run ok off 110v site power or would it need it's own transformer which on site won't happen I've plugged my drill in and runs at half speed when the boxes are full

Status
Not open for further replies.