Spraying 1.5 mm silicone on to a painted house??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseyboy

hello everyone
Has any of you sprayed a silicone 1.5 mm onto a sound painted house?
I was gona power wash then prime then spray
Anyone done it???

Never heard of anyone doing that without base coating/ mesh and fixings let us know now you get on mate

If the background is sound flat and smooth the finish will go on nice but I would contact the topcoat supplier first to make sure the primer is suitable for the surface your going over. The last thing you want is it all coming off in a few months

Ok wi
Never heard of anyone doing that without base coating/ mesh and fixings let us know now you get on mate
ll do
I was a bit worried myself but let's try it!
Am sure it will work coz if the base coat sticks am sure the silicone will be fine!!

If the background is sound flat and smooth the finish will go on nice but I would contact the topcoat supplier first to make sure the primer is suitable for the surface your going over. The last thing you want is it all coming off in a few months
Ok pal thanks for the advice it all helps

Sprayed direct on to my dads house a few years ago.

Was painted reader. No primer just 1.5mm weber.

Still looking good

I did sprayed my shed outside , just to see if it will stay. Haven't cleaned or treated in anyway the brick work and there is no signs of failure :). It's 1.5mm silicon top coat by the way!

file%2005-07-2015%2009%2055%2032.jpeg

image.jpg

When you boys spray topcoat on does it still get rubbed or do you spray and leave it? I've seen a couple of youtube vids where some spray then tub and some seem to spray and leave it?

As rigsby has said before selling a tyrolean type finish will be a hard push for me to the client.
They all want a flat sponge type finish,even a trowel finish on bucket coat some don't like.
The heavier the finish the more chance it will be dirty in a few years?

Yes, I am trying to sell sprayed but just get blank looks. I did a trial recently of spray on then spat then rub up.

Only worth doing on big walls. Too much masking up and setting up, cleaning out the Ritmo for small area's. But spryed? Mask up, set Ritmo up and spray, walk away. Can do it on your own and have a cuppa mid spray if you wand or a nicotine intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.