Spray with G4 out of water butt

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithuk

Private Member
we are using a water butt so we can add an accelerator to the mix (weber Chalk ) ,but after about 20 meters the chamber seems to clog up . the water butt is raised and the filters are clean .Any ideas guys ?

as a test is it possible to spray a first pass with no accelerators to see if it still happens
I did think it could be the accelerator ,not using a water butt before i keep thinking it is that ,even though i know i should always use one :RpS_confused:

Make sure you use 19mm hose no more than 3m long flush air out of water system and make sure you have no water leaks . Unless you have ware on your impeller on the water pump you should not have problems . Give me a call when your using machine so I can here what's happening .

Les ,it was me that sent you all the pictures this week ,got to be honest i didn,t want to keep pestering you :RpS_blushing: after 5 years with the machine ,it still makes me look a dick some days :RpS_cursing:

Make sure you use 19mm hose no more than 3m long flush air out of water system and make sure you have no water leaks . Unless you have ware on your impeller on the water pump you should not have problems . Give me a call when your using machine so I can here what's happening .
:RpS_thumbup:

Thanks Les

Keith did you get sorted .
Got it running thanks Les ,i ordered the cleaning shaft of Gemma and the lad spend a day cleaning it out ,as you had concerns on the build up .Still clogging up ,even running the water at 400 as you told us being chalk . Do about 20m fine ,it just builds up . i spray and rule ,do you think it,s the accelerator drying it out , 3lt to 220 tub ?

Hi kKeith's use a g4 and use a lot of chalk white with accelator with no problems is everything nice and tight? Is your star wheel area clean? We spray it about 320 but it does seem to spray a bit up and down a few unmixed bits come through the hose .
are your bags fresh???????

Hello mate ,bags are fresh ,to be honest that is what we spray at 320 ish ,but was told to up it ,start up fine as said . I normally only do out sides in the summer month these days ,always connect to the water main and never get a problem . Be honest mate it is doing my head in :RpS_cursing:

Using a water butt won't cause your build up round the mixing chamber . You will find the lighter the colour of the render you will use more water . The accelerator shouldn't cause you any problems so I have to say something else is causing you a problem . I really don't mind you calling me so I can hear your machine running . Believe it or not I can tell a lot of what's happening by the sound of the machine .

Using a water butt won't cause your build up round the mixing chamber . You will find the lighter the colour of the render you will use more water . The accelerator shouldn't cause you any problems so I have to say something else is causing you a problem . I really don't mind you calling me so I can hear your machine running . Believe it or not I can tell a lot of what's happening by the sound of the machine .
Thanks Les ,i,m prepping out tomorrow ,i will ring you Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the temperatures

True! Been there!

Maybe a long shot , I had similar problem with putzmeister mp25, I put in a new mixing shaft as the old one was worn and not pushing the material to the r/s fast enough.
I worked fine after that

Maybe a long shot , I had similar problem with putzmeister mp25, I put in a new mixing shaft as the old one was worn and not pushing the material to the r/s fast enough.
I worked fine after that
Les wanted pictures of the mixing shaft ,it seemed ok ,but thanks Micky for you help :RpS_thumbup:

Ring Les Keith like he says

I rang once and let him talk to my machine on the phone and hey presto, she was up and running after 7 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.