spray the p.v.a.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheese

Be interested to know if anyone else has tried this ? recently bought an earlex sprayer in think its the bottom of the range model at £59, have been using it to apply p.v.a to walls and ceilings works a treat, not sure its any quicker but certainly less messy, I've been putting some food colouring with it (seriously) so i can see where i have sprayed especially on light backgrounds

How thin have you got it. Would have thought it would need to be very viscous to get through the nozzle

Saw I lad on a job spraying it through a cheap garden sprayer he swore by it, you just have to be very particular when washing it out I imagine.

Been using food colouring in pva and SBR for a couple of years now, Bookers cash and carry it's under£5 for 250ml which is enough for gallons of mix, it's particularly good on overskims on artex as it highlights where you've missed with the roller...which will be high suction areas.

I used a sprayer to give walls a weak pva to kill off a bit of suction for floating or dabbing. never for skimming

so far so good used about four small bottles of colouring to 10 litres pva just enough so you can see where its covering. Water it down as normal and one coat seems to be enough, no comebacks as yet regarding the colour bleeding through. No mess no fuss get about forty metres before you have to clean the end, which reminds me i brought it home to clean it the other night and completely forgot what I've done with it :RpS_mellow:

We sprayed sbr through a sprayer before, was perfect and a tub of sbr went 10 times further, and no mess what so ever as could get right up in awkward places....Just make sure to clean out properly after...

We have sprayed sbr and weak pva in the past purely because we ended up with a cuprinol sprayer for free and had no use for it. Works pretty quickly as said above just make sure it's clean but I do still prefer a brush or roller though.

Status
Not open for further replies.