Spray skim plasterers SE

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry

Private Member
Hi looking for anyone else in the south east with the capability to spray BG Thistle Spray Finish. We are getting a lot of interest and will need to sub contract some work out soon. Pm for rates.

Can't you just sub by the work out to lads hand applying with multi it's the same finish?

To spec as a one coat system it is quicker. As I've said we are not ruling out hand application. Just trying to see if I can keep it as a machine applied system first.

They don't but lads do that's the way it is, how many metres are you doing with you're machine and what size gang one coat?

See we do everything by the book that's the difference. Everyone jumps straight on the bandwagon if someone don't follow specs on externals but internals is different? I like BG surespec system so follow it.

How many coats is krend ft hand applied one coat mono by the book?.....how many metres are you doing with the machine mate

To spec as a one coat system it is quicker. As I've said we are not ruling out hand application. Just trying to see if I can keep it as a machine applied system first.

I just want to know what comparisons you're making?......don't answer if you don't know :)

This thread has yet again been turned in to something that was not intended. Well done.

Irish, that's to get a even coverage its like 30 seconds later. Is that 2 coats?

Last edited:
Well if you put two coats on whether it's 1 minute or 10 minutes apart, it's like, 2 coats. Why are you stressed out by this :confused:

I'm not stressed at all. Just looking to find some local guys to come in on some jobs at a good rate without all negativity and questions. Maybe I bite to easy?

I dunno, wasnt disagreeing with you, just saying what they said at BG. Used the spray gear, thought it hung around a bit which is good on bigger hits but when you hand apply it, it seems to tear a bit too much

Ok so has anyone in the south east got any experiance of hand appling Spray Finish?

Me me me me me Currierp and me and my mate could throw on 150m2 a day and be finished by 3, but it's all ahead of u mate. When u get to our age, it hurts too much, your mortgage is paid off and why burst ur bollix

How much is it a bag again compared to multi?

Probs works out the same as sand cement compared to mono, but at the end of the day we've moved on from lime mortars then carlite , multi and now were spraying skim , render, etc , is this what your gettin at , i'm a bit confused by this thread , curriers offering work but he seems to be getting nailed to a cross ,

Probs works out the same as sand cement compared to mono, but at the end of the day we've moved on from lime mortars then carlite , multi and now were spraying skim , render, etc , is this what your gettin at , i'm a bit confused by this thread , curriers offering work but he seems to be getting nailed to a cross ,
no If he's talking everyone into what great product it is and how fast they are which I don't think they will be there going to end up talking themselves into a position where they can't supply labour and end up having to get lads to hand apply something that's a lot dearer than multi

I'm confused now, i thought he was looking for machine applicators to enable him to take more work on in this sector. maybe i have had one too many home brews, i'll have another look tomorrow

Currier.how far across u looking to take work,im in portsmouth if ur looking for spreads to join a team.havent got a machine but would muck in

Status
Not open for further replies.