Spray plastering

Members online

Andy g

Like to no who dose spray plastering and what gear u use to do this work and can I see you working on a job asuwere

Well there is airless plaster also one coat plaster and finish plaster can be sprayed but too messy and not that quick Google it

Me @Vincey and @zolco sprayed 3 rooms last year....it's a nice idea but took a long time to spray and made for a monster long set. I think the 3 of us doing 2 sets by hand would have done more with less mess

That's spray finish through ritmo by the way I know some of the lads looked at airless but have no clue on that

@Andy g
D3070398-9E01-4698-BAC6-387EC01176CB.png

Are u a builder lodan or plasterer?
Lol, I'm a plasterer (although some will dispute it )but in the process of shuttimg down my plastering business and setting up a company with a builder doing loft and garage conversions

Airless is being pushed heavily at the moment, I have looked at it in great depth and to me it's just not practical for my type of work, which is mainly extensions and one off new builds. They will tell you it's a better finish, but don't believe the hype, if you can skim perfectly. Anyway who wants to sand and wear dust masks all the while, f**k that.

Airless is being pushed heavily at the moment, I have looked at it in great depth and to me it's just not practical for my type of work, which is mainly extensions and one off new builds. They will tell you it's a better finish, but don't believe the hype, if you can skim perfectly. Anyway who wants to sand and wear dust masks all the while, f**k that.
Yes i agree..agreed skimming looks s**t if done by the wrong person.there can push it as much as there like it wont take off its been out years and know body has heard of it hardly

Vince and me doing airless now a while together, can lash on loads no messing, given another go to the BG spray finish too, it was great still a bit of overspray but nothing major, guy who feeds the machine got it down to the t. Got a few guys doing it for us and we just drive around in our range rovers collecting the dosh and drinking Costa latte from paper cups

The trick with airless is that a labourer can achieve consistent good results no need for a plasterer, that's why rates are s**t on it. Loads of decorators jumping on it, as they have to follow s**t spreads. All you need is the constant flow of work for it so the machine doesn't sit idle.

The trick with airless is that a labourer can achieve consistent good results no need for a plasterer, that's why rates are s**t on it. Loads of decorators jumping on it, as they have to follow s**t spreads. All you need is the constant flow of work for it so the machine doesn't sit idle.
If you had a magic wand to plaster a house out the rates would be s**t , plumber went form copper to plastic saw easy for them the money went up , like I say many time plastering what a f**k up , o nobody wants to do this work not many people can do this work so the money should be sky high but it s**t good night

If you had a magic wand to plaster a house out the rates would be s**t , plumber went form copper to plastic saw easy for them the money went up , like I say many time plastering what a f**k up , o nobody wants to do this work not many people can do this work so the money should be sky high but it s**t good night
True that, but what can you do, the world is forever changing no point getting left behind.