spray plastering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjp

Would this work ?Get air compressor attach hopper gun and spray the plaster. Seems a cheap way to get into it. I saw someone using an industrial paint sprayer spraying plaster or dry wall but he didn't have a hopper. He taped and filled joints then next day sprayed. I thought that was too time consuming and would be interested in doing whole job in one go. It was quite impressive as he got reasonable finish for diyer even though he's no good at plastering. Hopper guns are cheap and so are compressors.
Thanks any feedback appreciated.

Don't understand that. I would be only really be needing it for finish plaster. Seems to me you could do whole room in 1 hit without breaking sweat if it works and outlay under £200 if buying compressor second hand.

Readymix Plasters - Knauf Drywall

Pritty sure that all of these go through a paint spray machine..... call Knauf Drywall and ask for the Spray Plasters Business Manager - or find him on here as Quinns ("mickey mouse" Rugby Team...)

He knows everything about these products and whether you can do what your trying to do!

Yeah I had knuaf round and he told me about this system. Tape and join first then next day spray a ready mixed bagged plaster on top as a finish coat, spat its and then it settles like a gloss paint. Can be done with a paint sprayer which are quite cheap anyway. You could be doing three visits to one room so I saw it as pointless, could skim in a day with no return. Dead end idea.

when we where working in the netherlands we used a ready mixed, self finishing plaster made by sigma in finland. it was a rubber type bag which we cut with a stanley and poured into a large bucket. we had to keep the bucket covered as air would send it off. we applied this to the walls by hand and prep. the concrete ceilings then a chap, on his own, with a machine sprayed the ceilings and finished them by spatular on a piece of battern. he said he had only done ceilings for the last 10 years and whent home every night with a headache from the noise.

Readymix Plasters - Knauf Drywall

Pritty sure that all of these go through a paint spray machine..... call Knauf Drywall and ask for the Spray Plasters Business Manager - or find him on here as Quinns ("mickey mouse" Rugby Team...)

He knows everything about these products and whether you can do what your trying to do!

thats your deco, ive had a demo off clive and co, and been to the factory at immingham.
yep they go through a paint spraying airless system.

Quinns here, these plaster systems are desinged for use with airless piston machines, no compressor needed. Can be direct applied without primers or bonding agents to the majority of backgrounds. Speed is fast, typically 60m2 hotel bedroom in 30mins, yes you visit it twice, but thats an hour over two days not 2hours 20min per set. If you can program your work you will do 1000m2 plus week finished included all the prep. If any one wants some information or would like to see the product being applied visit the Knauf web site https://www.knaufdrywall.co.uk/product-range-overview/plasters/readymix-plasters

Thanks feedback. I think you can do the 2 visit method but i would of thought you could do it in one quicker. What i like about idea is price and less to go wrong. From what i've seen plaster machines seem slow for finish. And expensive if not using day in day out

Quinns here, these plaster systems are desinged for use with airless piston machines, no compressor needed. Can be direct applied without primers or bonding agents to the majority of backgrounds. Speed is fast, typically 60m2 hotel bedroom in 30mins, yes you visit it twice, but thats an hour over two days not 2hours 20min per set. If you can program your work you will do 1000m2 plus week finished included all the prep. If any one wants some information or would like to see the product being applied visit the Knauf web site https://www.knaufdrywall.co.uk/product-range-overview/plasters/readymix-plasters

Is that including filling the tapered edges? Surely that needs to be dry before hand so its 3 visits

Im not knocking it as its something we have been asked to do so just looking for more info. I was gutted when the Croydon demo day was called of earlyer in May.

On to board yes, tapes need to be bedded, but on pre cast or in-situ concrete the 2 coats is all you need. Re a demo, we are looking to reschedhule dates in September. But we do provide site demos for you and your clients contact me to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.