Spray machine

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julez

Hi Guys

Im new to this forum,I just having a look through some threads and was wondering if any of you guys know if I can use a Ritmo l 230v with a step up transformer on sites?????

Welcome Jules, plenty of ritmo owners on here, hang around I'm sure you'll get your answer.:RpS_thumbsup:

Hi julez,
we are currently using the same machine on site but it's run off a generator with inline RCD's and has to be included in our risk assement and method statement ( which was a pain in the butt to get written up) Speak to your site manager and he'll let you know. Any other guys here had any experience with it?

Hi scogs, I've been told it doesn't matter that the generator and the machine have RCDs it's still omitting 230v somewhere and also phoned my liability insurers and was told that's not covered because it would be on a 110v site ....have you been on m

Hi Guys

Im new to this forum,I just having a look through some threads and was wondering if any of you guys know if I can use a Ritmo l 230v with a step up transformer on sites?????
The pft guys or steve will help you out ,wait around for a bit mate , they are still counting their money :RpS_drool:

Ive never had any issues using 230v on site, that said it is dow to the builders discresion.

I dont think that you could use the step up as the machine will be pulling too many amps

Ask the site agent what power is being omitted from the cables connecting the site transformers though ;)

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Not had any probs to be honest. Although fair point about liability will check that before we do anything further.
But this raises a bigger question if I'm not mistaken I think most of the water pumps are 230v even when plugged into a 3 phase machine therefore shouldn't be allowed ??
There are guys here better placed to answer that than me. Dilemma??

Not had any probs to be honest. Although fair point about liability will check that before we do anything further.
But this raises a bigger question if I'm not mistaken I think most of the water pumps are 230v even when plugged into a 3 phase machine therefore shouldn't be allowed ??
There are guys here better placed to answer that than me. Dilemma??

Most of the guys that use a machine are doing site work mate , not many doing Mrs jones garden wall ,well apart from me :RpS_thumbup:

Would just like to say to everyone that has a Ritmo L from PFT to check your liability insurance!! I checked our companies and it does not cover using a 230/240 volt Ritmo L machine or water pump on 230/240 volt. Some sites will say ok or might not know so the work gets done but it won't be covered or accepted by the liability if there is an accident with a 230/240 machine even through a generator.

Our company mis-sold a Ritmo L 230 volt from PFT, We were told it was completely legal all you have to do is buy a step-up transformer and would be fine as this was the best machine not the Ritmo L 110volt. After using it on a site we were told to get it off ASAP as it was not legal even though we were through a step-up transformer. Then you have your insurance issue!! Please check all these points before you purchase as this has cost us a lot of money and now can't be used.

They do a 110volt aswel as a 230volt, surely its down to you to decide which voltage you want based on what your allowed to use on your jobs.

Yes it would be if we knew what we were talking about at the time. This was our first spray plaster machine and we relied on the person from PFT to sell us the best one, when told about the 230volt machine we asked the question about the correct voltage on sites as we know its 110volt but was told just to get a step-up transformer, which I believe is not allowed either.

Your gonna have issues with 240 internally for the reasons you have already highlighted.

You should have done your homework before spending your money.

There is no way around this except to sell it and buy a 110v Ritmo :(

If you do get a 110 I can confirm its just a good as the 240 but you will be able to use it on every site in the uk.

@Julez, very sorry to hear you are having problems with using your machine on-site. Unfortunately the usage 230v machinery is in a very 'Grey' area. Although HSE say there are no laws on using this on-site, they also say it is down to the Principal contractor. Majority of the time they will say no to 230v.

I expressed my worries over using these machines on the forum a while ago, quite a few members also said they couldn't use 230v on site.

I hope you can get this matter sorted out with your dealer, please feel free to contact us if you wish to discuss anything or need any advice

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had an issue using 240 or 3 phase on site. Thing is with these site agents you have to tell them not ask them.

I'll have the Ritmo l off you if it's cheap enough

To answer the question we have used internal and external on Persimonds and other large builders . We even used it on a mod site .

Status
Not open for further replies.