Spray machine for lime render?

Members online

The issue I have now is that im getting a lot of churches / listed buildings at the moment and we make our own mixes specifically to what was originally used, ie we need to choose a local aggregate type and type of lime!

I have been tempted to use those parex mortars on private job but they are so expensive!

I have been looking at the pft swing L - it can pump 8mm which is more that I need and its seems to be the best priced, has anyone used this machine? and could it be set up for spraying?

the zp3 M seems good also but there is no spec about it ?

thanks tom

The diesel might be a bit loud if you are using it in a church?

If these machine will pump sand & cement I think that's great.
It's ok saying oh you need a Diesel machine's but realistically there not practical for domestic works.
You could argue you have to mix and pour but the cost saving on material is huge
As said I'd have reservations about the sand issues.
Would be a kick in the teeth spending all that mo eh and the local sand is poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's ok saying oh you need a Diesel machine's but realistically there not practical for domestic works.
You could argue you have to mix and pour but the cost saving on material is huge
Would be a kick in the teeth spending all that money the local sand is poor.

I think ramboo aka brain is going to take the ZP3 to me. for me to put sand and cement through it. Looking forward to it.

Where are you based? it would be good to see how well it would cope with a sand and cement mix! lime is much more rich, its a 2.5 : 1 gauge not sure if that would be better or not?

Where are you based tom?
Im based in north wales work mainly between Chester and Anglesey

Would be a kick in the teeth spending all that mo eh and the local sand is poor.

the thing that is driving me to these smaller pumps is down to cost and size - you can get a new pump for the price of a second-hand diesel pump and the small pump would fit in my van,

my mixer is towable so it would be a nightmare to have to tow a pump also!

the main sands I use are 4mm down - I do use a 6mm from time to time but not often at all, I may hire some machines and do some tests,

the last thing I need is to get something that is not suitable, but Im not looking to spend a fortune either

Where are you based? it would be good to see how well it would cope with a sand and cement mix! lime is much more rich, its a 2.5 : 1 gauge not sure if that would be better or not?

Im based in north wales work mainly between Chester and Anglesey

the thing that is driving me to these smaller pumps is down to cost and size - you can get a new pump for the price of a second-hand diesel pump and the small pump would fit in my van,

my mixer is towable so it would be a nightmare to have to tow a pump also!

the main sands I use are 4mm down - I do use a 6mm from time to time but not often at all, I may hire some machines and do some tests,

the last thing I need is to get something that is not suitable, but Im not looking to spend a fortune either

Am in Ireland mate.

Hi Tom,

As standard the P20 and P50 are only pump units but also have the optional extra of a spray kit.

Below is a screenshot of the basic prices of the pump only. I will work out the cost on the spray kit and let you know what is involved shortly

There are lots of add ons available with these machines, agitators, vibrating hoppers and many others things. In all honesty, most of them you'll not need.

If you want to call me on 01242 236699 I will be happy to help answer your questions, please bare with me though, these two machines are new to me and I'm learning about them myself - if i get stuck I will have to ask the boss Andy :numberone:

View attachment 15987

do these machines have variable output enabling them to do lime pointing?

Mine are 110

D9CFD276-DAD5-4C91-B802-187BB320A8F3.jpeg

I have seen this 110v argument a few times and both points arr valid and those that use 240 say that they never have problems

I have seen this 110v argument a few times and both points arr valid and those that use 240 say that they never have problems

There was a guy who wrote on here a year or so ago who was kicked off site for using 240v

My main concern on all of it is your public liability. Are you covered using 240v

From the homework o have done on the 110 240 i think its not illegal as it is upto the main contractor,ive been told with it having its own breaker its classed as plant,ive been on keepmoat,waites,arch and a few others since buying mine,tbh i havnt let them know it was 240 just got inducted and got on with it.still waiting for the tap on the shoulder to be asked the question.full hse visit on site watching us one day and nothing said but also dont know if they noticed blue plug into genny,guess one day someone might be a t**t about it but upto now no probs

@theclemo you have to put your brain into it to design a human powered machine, then no emission problems or voltage issues, thats the gap in the market we can cash in on it

Just read it and it was a concern for me when i bought it,upto now no probs and out of all the thousands of threads you get is this the only one ever to be kicked off site?anyone else out there ever had problems?its deffo a bit of a grey area

I have had a number of guys experience the issue mate.

It’s a huge grey area, it’s not illegal to use it but strongly advised not to. All depends on site regulations etc

My personal option is it’s not worth taking the risk. That’s why we won’t sell 240v machines, I feel it’s unfair if you invest in something I know there is a risk with, and you get told you can’t use it.

I have had a number of guys experience the issue mate.

It’s a huge grey area, it’s not illegal to use it but strongly advised not to. All depends on site regulations etc

My personal option is it’s not worth taking the risk. That’s why we won’t sell 240v machines, I feel it’s unfair if you invest in something I know there is a risk with, and you get told you can’t use it.
I can't get my head around it, you can use 110v or 3 phase or diesel but 230v is an issue, that just doesn't make much sense to me

From the homework o have done on the 110 240 i think its not illegal as it is upto the main contractor,ive been told with it having its own breaker its classed as plant,ive been on keepmoat,waites,arch and a few others since buying mine,tbh i havnt let them know it was 240 just got inducted and got on with it.still waiting for the tap on the shoulder to be asked the question.full hse visit on site watching us one day and nothing said but also dont know if they noticed blue plug into genny,guess one day someone might be a t**t about it but upto now no probs

fit a yellow cable then paint the blue plug yellow !

I can't get my head around it, you can use 110v or 3 phase or diesel but 230v is an issue, that just doesn't make much sense to me

we can not use 110v when we work in the Netherlands, they say that 110v is dangerous. if you cut a cable on 110v the current will hold you, whereas a 240v will throw you off the current.

I can't get my head around it, you can use 110v or 3 phase or diesel but 230v is an issue, that just doesn't make much sense me
Apart from 1 guy who sells 110v only and 1 thread on this whole forum there havent been any issues.
If there was a problem i would expect this forum would be red hot with the topic and there would be many dissapointed spreads all posting their greivances.

Apart from 1 guy who sells 110v only and 1 thread on this whole forum there havent been any issues.
If there was a problem i would expect this forum would be red hot with the topic and there would be many dissapointed spreads all posting their greivances.

I honestly disagree, people are obviously writing “they are getting away with it”

So there is an obvious grey area and a huge area of worry.

I would imagine most 240v users are using it on private work and the amount of sites are actually limited, and using generators to help avoid issues

I have had a number of people report the issue and call us for advise.

I have the option to sell 240v and can sell it on the M100, M200, Monomix and even M330
There is a reason why we don’t

a friend of.mine is h&s advisor on a ig company who take care of council builds and maintenance. i have asked him about machines and he has said it is claseed as plant. blue plugs are fine... but you may find the odd one that would rather it wasnt used

I honestly disagree, people are obviously writing “they are getting away with it”

So there is an obvious grey area and a huge area of worry.

I would imagine most 240v users are using it on private work and the amount of sites are actually limited, and using generators to help avoid issues

I have had a number of people report the issue and call us for advise.

I have the option to sell 240v and can sell it on the M100, M200, Monomix and even M330
There is a reason why we don’t

Small machines are mainly for domestic market.

Plugging a 30kg transformer in to a 230v socket is pointless and just making more work and over complicating a simple thing.

110v is F*****g useless on a big site . Its not like buying a whisk where all you need is a empty socket. You need the whole transformer to urself . If anyone plugs into the transformer then u open up another can of worms so u end up needing a generator.
Remember you wont need your transformer on a big site

Im willing to bet that in nearly all the m200 promo vids the users could have just used 230v

Its pointless getting all political about h & S RULES and how youre so noble etc because it makes no difference when ur on mrs jones house

Have a look on ebay for second hand machines. You will see a pattern that the 110v ritmo machines are far less desirable than the 230v alternative.

Im a plasterer and i use a 230v ritmo. I been fine with it since 2007 and so has everyone else thats bought and used a ritmo in the last 10 years despite everything you have said and claimed.

Small machines are mainly for domestic market.

Plugging a 30kg transformer in to a 230v socket is pointless and just making more work and over complicating a simple thing.

110v is F*****g useless on a big site . Its not like buying a whisk where all you need is a empty socket. You need the whole transformer to urself . If anyone plugs into the transformer then u open up another can of worms so u end up needing a generator.
Remember you wont need your transformer on a big site

Im willing to bet that in nearly all the m200 promo vids the users could have just used 230v

Its pointless getting all political about h & S RULES and how youre so noble etc because it makes no difference when ur on mrs jones house

Have a look on ebay for second hand machines. You will see a pattern that the 110v ritmo machines are far less desirable than the 230v alternative.

Im a plasterer and i use a 230v ritmo. I been fine with it since 2007 and so has everyone else thats bought and used a ritmo in the last 10 years despite everything you have said and claimed.

Ian, I don’t make the rules, but stick to them.

I don’t understand why it’s even worth taking the risk. Especially when something which is deemed safe is just as good (110v)

In the promo vids they probably could, they could have used three phase as well. But, they aren’t covered if they use 240v. Is your insurance different? What happens if someone got hurt on Mrs Jones’ house, being Noble doesn’t come into it... who’s liable then?

You couldn’t just plug your 240v machine on site either. They require more amps and you can’t noramlly get 240v on site

You seem to have a hang up on a 30kg transformer as you always mention this as a negative thing. For the life of me I dont understand how using a transformer makes things over complicated!

The main fact being, 240v isn’t normally allowed on site and also, you’re not normally covered to use it either. I understand you can get away with it, but when investing nearly 10k into something why run the risk?

If people are covered and prove that, then fair enough, I’ll hold my hands up. But I know we aren’t covered to use it at our depot and certainly aren’t covered to train anyone using it

Last edited: