Sppedskim blades

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

phippsy333

Now I know I aint been here a while , and you lot have probably slagged these bad boys off for ages.....BUT. These things are great ...they really are... dont care what ever you boys say. Only got my set yesterday and the size of our hit has been increased by a good old fair amount and had time to spare. I love them ...its early doors yet but as the band D-ream sang "things can only get better ". Now I am sure there will be trolls out there to slag it all off saying it leaves lines blah blah blah blah ...but I used it on my last hit yesterday and it worked a dream. Do you boys use these and if not u should.

Yes I like them,but for the life of me I don't know how its increased your meterage ???? Do you. do machine plastering. phippsy?

I'm happy with mine but I feel it's best used on ceilings and high walls as in over 2.5s as I can flatten walls just as quick and better of the floor with my trowel being 6.4", but I'm getting the new labby to flatten off with which helps

The technology to produce plastic trowels has been around for decades. Maybe I'm old fashioned because I've never felt the urge to buy one.

I don't see how it will save me time because you naturally have to let the plaster pull in anyway before laying it down. Why not use a banana shaped trowel if you want less lines? Will it help fill in hollows? Will it help me get clean edges? Will it boil the kettle?

Speed of action, fluidic movements and trowel control are what defines a plasterer to me.

:RpS_biggrin:

The technology to produce plastic trowels has been around for decades. Maybe I'm old fashioned because I've never felt the urge to buy one.

I don't see how it will save me time because you naturally have to let the plaster pull in anyway before laying it down. Why not use a banana shaped trowel if you want less lines? Will it help fill in hollows? Will it help me get clean edges? Will it boil the kettle?

Speed of action, fluidic movements and trowel control are what defines a plasterer to me.

sounds DAMN Hot when you put it like that.....

Now I know I aint been here a while , and you lot have probably slagged these bad boys off for ages.....BUT. These things are great ...they really are... dont care what ever you boys say. Only got my set yesterday and the size of our hit has been increased by a good old fair amount and had time to spare. I love them ...its early doors yet but as the band D-ream sang "things can only get better ". Now I am sure there will be trolls out there to slag it all off saying it leaves lines blah blah blah blah ...but I used it on my last hit yesterday and it worked a dream. Do you boys use these and if not u should.
even better when you can spell, speedskim... a lot of the guys like them,"trolls" are you on one...?The have there uses and I have two in the van...

does your trowel boil the kettle??

Its all to do with positive particle vibration, the science of skim:rolleyes)

I wouldn't discredit the particle vibration theory. Next time you do render, use a steel trowel to rub down and watch how much water it brings to the surface. You'll be surprised :RpS_biggrin:

I wouldn't discredit the particle vibration theory. Next time you do render, use a steel trowel to rub down and watch how much water it brings to the surface. You'll be surprised :RpS_biggrin:
I'm not:huh:

i bought mine for flattening my skim but have found it to be fantastic on s&c! i still rule it off with a feather edge when stiffened up but theres nowt much to take off as the speedskim has laid it down prety flat.

Right, not used them on sand and cement as yet, but recon they could be really good on that, again not tried them on one coat plaster either and also recon they would be able to flatten that down early doors too like a plastic trowel, which I have to say i do not use as your just tempted to go on your work way to early ( my plastic is a refina but i only use it now for one coat plaster ). They blades I have are from Speedskim not from Refina as I didnt think I could borrow any more from my mortgage ( ;o) )........How does it get me to lay more on ....simples.....Lay on my normal ceiling and a wall, and the apprentice lays on his wall or 2 if ok size, then flatten ceiling down with speedskim blades ( I have 240, 180 and a 60cm ) and while apprentice starts a second mix ( yes this is a rolling gauge but instead of just half size of 1st mix......do same size) then flatten that with speed skim, then roll back onto 1st hit with 2nd coat etc............I find that the blades can smooth down a hell of alot earlier than a steel blade without leaving tiger stripes. Today I used a 240cm on a 35m ceiling for second hit of the day while apprentice layed on 2 walls so we mixed separately as we were in different parts on the house. I flattened 1st immediately with speedkskim and layed on 2nd coat with no problems at all.......35m hit was on within 1hr max i recon....no ****.......I then proceeded to have 2 toasties, about 5 fags, a cinnamon swirl.......and a cup of tea and made 3 phone calls..........and muck was wet as an otters pocket still . I was annoyed that I didn't use it on 2nd coat but just want to get me skills up with one on 1st coat for a little while but did yesterday and left a couple of line after the drag ( again getting used to it ). As with any new tool just takes a little while to get to grips with it , but with now 3 hits under my belt its a keeper, less flattening, less arm power, less pain , quicker speed....bigger hits....it a friggin no brainer to me full set £100 or so..................love em.......and I hate sponging work ...and plastic trowels for that matter. Just hope no plasterers in my area get to grips with em for a while. Try them boys worth it.........Years ago I used to use a 18inch trowel to flatten but elbow was playing up ( Im obviously not a big boy lol ) so as a flattening tool , think its hard to beat......honestly
PS a troll is a windup merchant and not a mythical creature...and no I havnt lost it.....I lost it about 10 year ago ;O) and cant find it since

Artizan, reason it works is u can flatten it quicker, and lay on another hit ...yes u still have to wait for the muck to cure to wet trowel but u have time to lay anther hit on.....and not even run around like a nutter as in a rolling gauge...........I was poo pooing it too when my mate rang me up to tell me about them, but it works........really does......

A born again speedskimmer, Hallelouya ..is that the light or just the reflection from his new speedskim...

Fatarm ..no dont machine plaster....70% of our work is domestic, rest small site really.......dont wanna buy a machine for big dosh and it just sits at the end of me garden rusting and not working for its keep......although I could do with one at the moment lol

No I am not Gary.aka grand wizard aka gibbo .......although I have worked with the man and know him.and I am a fellow yid supporter.....spunky I was here way back when and you were rather funny then too , big mal was a member, u minty etc and kebab king was skinny lol............ when danny first started this up if u remember fella.........theres only one me.I assure you of that......although at this momnet in time and the amount of work on I would like to get cloned...thats if u know anyone.
You boys are adding 2 and 2 together and getting marble arch lol

You know it... :RpS_thumbsup:

Right, not used them on sand and cement as yet, but recon they could be really good on that, again not tried them on one coat plaster either and also recon they would be able to flatten that down early doors too like a plastic trowel, which I have to say i do not use as your just tempted to go on your work way to early ( my plastic is a refina but i only use it now for one coat plaster ). They blades I have are from Speedskim not from Refina as I didnt think I could borrow any more from my mortgage ( ;o) )........How does it get me to lay more on ....simples.....Lay on my normal ceiling and a wall, and the apprentice lays on his wall or 2 if ok size, then flatten ceiling down with speedskim blades ( I have 240, 180 and a 60cm ) and while apprentice starts a second mix ( yes this is a rolling gauge but instead of just half size of 1st mix......do same size) then flatten that with speed skim, then roll back onto 1st hit with 2nd coat etc............I find that the blades can smooth down a hell of alot earlier than a steel blade without leaving tiger stripes. Today I used a 240cm on a 35m ceiling for second hit of the day while apprentice layed on 2 walls so we mixed separately as we were in different parts on the house. I flattened 1st immediately with speedkskim and layed on 2nd coat with no problems at all.......35m hit was on within 1hr max i recon....no ****.......I then proceeded to have 2 toasties, about 5 fags, a cinnamon swirl.......and a cup of tea and made 3 phone calls..........and muck was wet as an otters pocket still . I was annoyed that I didn't use it on 2nd coat but just want to get me skills up with one on 1st coat for a little while but did yesterday and left a couple of line after the drag ( again getting used to it ). As with any new tool just takes a little while to get to grips with it , but with now 3 hits under my belt its a keeper, less flattening, less arm power, less pain , quicker speed....bigger hits....it a friggin no brainer to me full set £100 or so..................love em.......and I hate sponging work ...and plastic trowels for that matter. Just hope no plasterers in my area get to grips with em for a while. Try them boys worth it.........Years ago I used to use a 18inch trowel to flatten but elbow was playing up ( Im obviously not a big boy lol ) so as a flattening tool , think its hard to beat......honestly
PS a troll is a windup merchant and not a mythical creature...and no I havnt lost it.....I lost it about 10 year ago ;O) and cant find it since

I know you were sceptical when we first spoke on the phone - Glad your getting on well with them mate :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.