Spots on skimmed wall

LCronkrite

Hi
We recently had our kitchen skimmed ahead of a refit.
Before plastering there were some marks on the wall in the corner which I didn’t think much of at the time. No tradesman said anything to me either. However now the kitchen has been skimmed those same areas are taking longer to dry than the rest of the room. (It has only been a few days, but I am a worrier)
Any thoughts what it could be? Should I be worried?
One wall is external, the other has the side wall to the garage.
Thanks in advance.

B621AEC1-C7FC-4A33-B4BD-81EA08F7E43B.jpeg
ACD76321-BEBE-4FCA-B963-85524756D943.jpeg

Hi
Before plastering there were some marks on the wall in the corner which I didn’t think much of at the time. No tradesman said anything to me either. However now the kitchen has been skimmed those same areas are taking longer to dry than the rest of the room. (It has only been a few days, but I am a worrier)
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 21066 View attachment 21067

is that on an outside wall?

It looks damp. But also looks like it's going to be hidden by units? If that's the case hack it off and s/c and chip a few inches off the bottom all round so plaster not touching floor. You could do this yourself as it won't be seen

There's many reasons this could of happened damp issue or even something as simple as poor ventilation or could be a property that hasn't been lived in with no heating for instance. Get the heating fired up and see were your at in a few days

Thanks all

So far it looks like no change in the last 48 hours. I can compare photos and they look identical to me. It doesn’t actually feel damp when I touch it, but I know that doesn’t mean it’s not.

I’m going to chip off the low plaster and crank up the heating today.

We have lived here 5?years so it’s not been empty recently (but was before we moved in.)

I’ve sent a message to the chap who did the job too.

Thanks again

Reactions: LN1
Just to update everyone as you were so helpful. There is improvement. The shape is staying the same but there is change in the colour.

9B6541F9-3519-46B8-8BC3-DB9BD58E8201.jpeg

I’ve now noticed some cracks around the ceiling too. Just small. This is the biggest. Is this normal?

Sorry I’m totally new to having this done.

14549CE5-47BC-4046-B58E-87EEE3101118.jpeg

You cranking up the heating could be the cause of those cracks. Plaster should be left to dry naturally.

You cranking up the heating could be the cause of those cracks. Plaster should be left to dry naturally.

Thanks
Maybe a misread one of the suggestions then. But we do usually heat our house quite warm as I feel the cold, and I’ve been leaving it on whilst we were out. At least there is an explanation.

He is coming Friday to check it out and sort out the cracks. He did say he found our kitchen got quite warm (it houses the boiler).
It's easy to get shrinkage when house going from cold to hot. If he's coming back he's probably decent enough, though I still don't know why plaster is touching floor. If it's damp hack off that area

Hi
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 21066 View attachment 21067
There was an issue before that wasn't sorted looks like grease or oil?

There was an issue before that wasn't sorted looks like grease or oil?

So I have had the guy back this morning and he said grease too, and that it is dry. It will be hidden by units so we don’t need to worry about it showing through paint or anything. .

Cracks he said were smaller than he thought from my pic and he is filling them as we speak.

Thanks everyone. I’m now looking forward to painting!

So I have had the guy back this morning and he said grease too, and that it is dry. It will be hidden by units so we don’t need to worry about it showing through paint or anything. .

Cracks he said were smaller than he thought from my pic and he is filling them as we speak.

Thanks everyone. I’m now looking forward to painting!

Glad you resolved it :)