Spot board

Members online

Hello!
Who prefers spot and stand, n who prefers to work from bucket?
Coming round to spot board more recently gear seems to stay fresh longer. Always worked from bucket previously

Does anyone know what size board I would need to take 3 bag mixes? cheers

Hello!
Who prefers spot and stand, n who prefers to work from bucket?
Coming round to spot board more recently gear seems to stay fresh longer. Always worked from bucket previously

Does anyone know what size board I would need to take 3 bag mixes? cheers
Three bags of what?

We always use the board and stand inside and outside,and use spot boards to straighten onto when floating,far handier job than using out of bucket when skimming,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to use board but now we use them big refina buckets and them big scopes . Mix two n half bags ish then do a mix in standard buckets for second coat. Not had stand n board out for ages now

Spot board is handy to use on domestic in a room with another plastere, but on site they are completely useless do to the size of the plastering areas and the distance between the walls, hence I lost my love long time ago .

Always used to use one if I had a lad mixing.The last few weeks on my own just worked out of the bucket.A two bag mix in the Refina bucket.Could’nt be bothered to put it on a spot board it would take too long.

Plasters tub on wheels seems recommend by some on sites and wheel about. Never seen one for real though.. buckets for me.

Never used a spot board, would be a ballache on domestics

Never used a spot board, would be a ballache on domestics
I don’t know how you can not use a board and stand unless it’s a piddley amount of scimming to do. How the f**k can you knock twenty bags of hardwall up and use it from the tub and still set it the same day?

I don’t know how you can not use a board and stand unless it’s a piddley amount of scimming to do. How the f**k can you knock twenty bags of hardwall up and use it from the tub and still set it the same day?
Don't know I don't do that on domestics and in two years not been asked to float anything apart from patching and little bits ...all dabbing.

Don't know I don't do that on domestics and in two years not been asked to float anything apart from patching and little bits ...all dabbing.
Oh that is disgusting what’s happening to all the solid walls? There is always room for a board and stand even if it only holds a bag of finish, tell them you need room for one if you want to but if everything has worked out for you so far then I am happy for you but I know we couldn’t work without one in fact we have three stands and four different sized boards but then we are greedy

Oh that is disgusting what’s happening to all the solid walls? There is always room for a board and stand even if it only holds a bag of finish, tell them you need room for one if you want to but if everything has worked out for you so far then I am happy for you but I know we couldn’t work without one in fact we have three stands and four different sized boards but then we are greedy
No solid walls now, was asked to float a kitchen wall about 6 months ago as didn't what dab for fixings, that's the most I've done other than a blocked up doorways

Would like some time with someone at some point though to get to grips with it