spot board stand

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Best size for domestics (mainly skim caot)

500mmx500 or 750mmx750

Bigger one is actually cheaper

12MM marine ply about a meter sqaure give it a couple coats of oil (any type ) before you use is last you a lifetime ;)

mine is marine ply ... had it about 5 years still as new !!. I just saved 2 full sheets of marine ply from going in the skip at work .... brand new !

Spot boards for sale in plymouth £20 each cut to size .............. 50/50 richie ok ?

dont have to seal it mate its up to you..........watch out the first time you use it especially in someones house itll be like an ice rink

What you've also got to think about is where are you going to put a spot board if your skimming a hall stairs & landing, a bathroom or a small kitchen. ::)
Chances are you won't be able to use one in these rooms on domestic work unless you sheet another room up. :'(

Other rooms you'll be fine ;)

m33spread said:
do people still use them :eek:

i only use them for rendering

gorilla bucket and bucket trowel is king now.

Same here mate but it seems a lot do use them, horses for courses and all that.

gorilla buckets are f**k**g awful. i've been using them the last few days due to constantly moving from room to room. they are s**t to carry, s**t to get the stuff out of and too f**k**g flimsy. as soon as ive got enough room for a spot i get it out.

I just use whatever I need at the time,
sometimes a spot & sometimes work out of a bucket ;)
Like I said you can't always use a spot & sometimes it ain't worth getting one out.

In cases like this what you really need is a tr.ow.hawk (like spunky says^)
they sell them up the rd from me.

10% commision for me please Jim ;)

I keep meaning to order a jimfish hawk but allways forget, they are ideal for working out of buckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.