Spot board and stand (wanted)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
My board is a 3' square marine ply. Had it since 2003 and still going strong. My stand is an old wash tub. Had the current one for probably 20 years and my first one got nicked after having that from the early 80's. The tub is light galvanised and handy for putting things in.

They are probably older than me and I am 1957 vintage!

Wheelie bins make good stands if you're tall :RpS_thumbup:

Wheelie bins (the commercial ones) make good water barrels for rendering machines.

Geka at the bottom and a 22mm ball valve at the top. A lid that opens easy and wheels to move it around. A flat bottom to keep it still.

Easily found around the back of any retail shops.

Talking of posh spot boards , once saw a spread with a rubber one about about half an inch thick , really quite dense rubber.
Really was the dogs , didn't suck and at the end of the week you could clobber it with a hammer and it be as clean as a whistle.
With no dings or anything. Often looked for one, never found one. Anyone got any ideas?

Handtoolsexpress.co.uk

Spanky why the feck are you moaning about the cost of a board and stand when if you weren't so lazy you could just have made one yourself, just as most spreads did for years and years.

No idea how old our frames are, maybe 40 odd years. Our ligga tops are made from sheets 3 quarter inch ply cut to size, got one about 3ft x 4ft and the other two are 4ft sq. Had the two bigger ones set up this week so we could load up two mixer loads of S&C on a house we were rendering for damp. (Handy beig able to have our mixer inside as well). Any metal fabricator should be able to knock a stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.