Spot board and stand (wanted)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySouthport

Private Member
Anyone got a spot board and stand they don't want anymore?

in the northwest well 20 mile radius from southport would be nice:huh:

a 3ft square of plywoods fine, sat on a beer crate or trestles or am i missing something.

Im fairly tall so I like a tall stand, got mine made at a steel fabricators nearby. 8 lengths of 1"steel square tube welded up, they charged me £35.

Build base at traford or keel sel the folding metal ones light weight and convenient I have 3 n they take up hardly n e space

I've got a spot stand my old boss gave me but I wouldn't buy a new one. Two plastic bag saw horses are £20

I got mine from my old boss ,the same one he got from his old boss ,f**k knows how old it is :huh:

Maybe we should have spot board comp and see who can be the most creative....................prizes are a TPF Polo shirt and a weeks adultery course with the claymonster......................:RpS_thumbsup:

It definetly helps Spanky, can be a pain in the arse getting it out and it does get in the way, but does make for more comfortable coating

Lol ya dome where **** you from that dome stands for an insult :)

When I've used one before I've always made one, want a purpose made one really that's easily transported etc, looking like I will have to buy the rafina one just thought I would ask here first

haha ya dome

I have a remote control stand and its on wheels and automatically moves along the wall for me, very handy..

Talking of posh spot boards , once saw a spread with a rubber one about about half an inch thick , really quite dense rubber.
Really was the dogs , didn't suck and at the end of the week you could clobber it with a hammer and it be as clean as a whistle.
With no dings or anything. Often looked for one, never found one. Anyone got any ideas?

Rubber-Mat-YE70728-_zpsd17cf773.jpg

Does everyone use a square board??? I do and all but one chap I ever saw did as well. The other guy had a round one about 4' across.

ive got a couple small ones for scaffs where rooms tight, couple at about 3ft square for normal use and a huuuge one for floating and rendering on ground level it can hold 2 or 3 barrows full:RpS_thumbup:, 2 stands one normal height and a tall one for when im on me stilts

To 'lig' means to lie or lay on something ........or it does in my area :RpS_thumbup:

lug means to lift so i was way off any road..............least you took the time to explain.........cheers bubbles................no wonder Ian lost his rep points...................:RpS_laugh:

thought it was easy to work out? spesh with you being up north:rolleyes)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.