Sponge float!

I’ve been a one coat sponge monkey for the last six months and I won’t be going back it’s lighter work on the old body and it looks a nice even finish when it’s dry

So are.sponges for one coat or two. Seems to be a mix throughout the thread even if it's been revived from way back when. Never tried a sponge but always good to learn something

I’ve been a one coat sponge monkey for the last six months and I won’t be going back it’s lighter work on the old body and it looks a nice even finish when it’s dry
Know what you mean, but its good only when its required, its also F*****g messy :D

So are.sponges for one coat or two. Seems to be a mix throughout the thread even if it's been revived from way back when. Never tried a sponge but always good to learn something
Get one from Wickes. Lay it on , speed or spatch, lay it down with the MT , sponge it up going along the straights then work towards the middle with circuler strockes, blending it as you go, you will get it. Then you take of the top layer of sponged plaster, throw it away, then polish with water then dry trowel. Job Done.

No mate, its really for Thistle Universal, have used that a lot , for over 15 years, its only messy when I use it with board or multi, tried it as a process , not bad , not messy ! But only ever now, when its tits up. Then it gets messy!

• Funny
Reactions: s61

Rob stop thinking about sponges.
There a waste of time.
You can and will get good skimming without these pathetic ways.

Attachments

• IMG_20181010_120547.jpg
    IMG_20181010_120547.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 281
The sponge debait!!!!
Personally I think they leave. Better finish and make it easier.
My timing would be well out if I went back to just troweling up without .
Do what gives you your best results and makes your day easier
At the end of the day it’s results that matter and the £££££

Get one from Wickes. Lay it on , speed or spatch, lay it down with the MT , sponge it up going along the straights then work towards the middle with circuler strockes, blending it as you go, you will get it. Then you take of the top layer of sponged plaster, throw it away, then polish with water then dry trowel. Job Done.

So it's for one coat plastering

How and when would you use it mate atm im laying a thick coat on, goin round it twice with a steel , then wet cross trowel with flexi and polish but really want to perfect the sponge float method jusst not got a clue when id use it with one coating

How and when would you use it mate atm im laying a thick coat on, goin round it twice with a steel , then wet cross trowel with flexi and polish but really want to perfect the sponge float method jusst not got a clue when id use it with one coating
sponge bob.jpg

The sponge debait!!!!
Personally I think they leave. Better finish and make it easier.
My timing would be well out if I went back to just troweling up without .
Do what gives you your best results and makes your day easier
At the end of the day it’s results that matter and the £££££
w**k*r